Release Schedule - Adjusted for December
Click here for an overview of the PPM Pro release process.
The table below lists this month's product release dates.
|Release Notes published||November 30|
|System released to sandbox environments||December 7, 10 PM - 1 AM PT|
|System released to production environments||December 14, 10 PM - 1 AM PT|
Releases are deployed during the standard maintenance windows, which are Fridays, 10 PM PT - 1 AM PT.
Note about the December 2018 Release
Since the third Friday of December (12/21) is the last business day before Christmas, we have shifted the December release schedule by one week to minimize any disruption during a time when many customers are away from the office and would rather focus on their families rather than on new PPM Pro features :)
- Friday, November 30 -- Release Notes published
- Friday, December 7 -- Release deployed to sandboxes
- Friday, December 14 -- Release deployed to production environments
- Features that are ready will enter GA status in the first month's release of each calendar quarter: January, April, July, October. There will be an occasional variance from this schedule. You can enter a support request to move a beta feature into your production environment.
- You can request that beta features be enabled in your production environment by entering a support ticket. Please note that any issues you find will be handled during the normal development cycle.
- Planview sends out status emails in advance of planned releases/updates. These alerts include the date and time window of the update, as well as a link to the release notes that include a list of the issues addressed in the update/release. To subscribe to these alerts, please go to https://status.planview.com/ and click the Subscribe button.
- (No webinar for December 2018) We hold a live product release webinar - typically on the Wednesday before the production release. This webinar will be hosted by PPM Pro product management and consulting personnel, and will include time for Q&A. Click here to register.
- Inner circles are offered as a way for our interested customers to collaborate with PPM Pro Product Management and each other, provide feedback on PPM Pro product capabilities, and guide new feature development. Click here for more information or to register.
New Feature Matrix
For more information…
Spreadsheet-Style Task Editor
Current Functionality (rolling beta)
New Requests! (aka Requests revamp)
This feature will be rolled out over the course of several releases ("rolling beta").
We will update this list every month to indicate when/what additional features will be included.
Legacy requests will continue to be supported for the foreseeable future. You can use legacy requests and new requests side-by-side while you set up the new requests to your liking. Since the new model is different from the legacy in several key ways, we are not planning an automated migration at this time.
Current functionality (rolling beta)
User Experience Inner Circle: New Requests - Note that this was recorded earlier this year, and target dates have shifted
The ability to use multiple currencies allows team members, offices, and locations to easily digest project information and have visibility into costing and resources in a currency that makes sense to them. The active currency applies to all financial and/or monetary data, including money UDFs and calculated fields, billing and internal rate data.
|Beta Target - February 2019|
|Function Area||Issue ID||Release Note Descriptions|
|Financial Entries||749507059||Fixed. In the project Financials section, adjusting the interval or editing a forecast entry no longer causes the grid tree to collapse. You can expand/collapse the grid using the appropriate controls.|
|Internationalization, Reports||761894316||Fixed. Reports displayed in dashboards can be expanded regardless of the current language. Previously, if the current language was something other than English the "expand" button was not active. Once the language was switched to English, the button was enabled and worked as expected. The expand feature now works as expected in any language.|
|Permissions||755381081||Fixed. Non-admin users who are not on the team of a confidential project do not see the project, even if they have a global rule covering projects. Previously a non-admin user with a global rule who was not on the team of a project would be able to see a confidential project|
|PPA||1759923404||Improved. The performance of the Projects grid of the PPA create scenario wizard has been improved.|
|PPA||761375968||Fixed. After a scenario completes, the "# projects" field on the "Optimization Scenarios" grid will immediately show the correct value (number of projects included and total projects). Previously, in some circumstance this field would show "0 of 0" until the screen was refreshed.|
|Reports, Calculated Fields||765239504||Fixed. Calculated fields can be used in reports based on Timesheet Summary report sources as expected. Previously, an issue was causing the report to repeat the first value displayed in the calculated field for all the rows.|
|Reports, Resource Planning||761407594||New. There are two new resource planning report sources:
These report sources report on the task role estimated hours/cost, (not the resource schedules scheduled hours/cost, which are handled by the Resource Planning by Resource Schedules report sources).
In addition, the Resource Planning by Resource Schedules report sources now allow you to report on role estimates (from the Related folder).
|Resource Workbench||761407595||Fixed. Any changes made to the workbench settings - such as adding/moving/repositioning columns - are displayed and persisted. Previously, an issue prevented any changes from displaying and reverted the changes in the Settings dialog.|
|Staffing screen||761375921||Fixed. In the project Staffing screen, the "Copy to end of year" feature correctly copies the value into each contour until the end of the year. Previously, the copy was happening only until the end of the allocation.|
|Tasks||758511560||Fixed. Task successor/predecessor relationships can be edited in the Details tab (as well as directly in the grid if the appropriate columns are displayed). Previously, edits made in the Details tab were ignored.|
|WS API||761407602||Fixed. The performance of the WS API method getEntityNotes has been improved.|