Value Stream Management
Planview’s Value Stream Management solution optimizes value stream delivery by connecting software delivery toolchains from end-to-end, providing visibility and traceability into the flow of work across the entire value stream. Flow Metrics and Portfolio Insights are generated so business leaders can make informed, data-driven decisions that reduce operational costs and inefficiencies, and improve work predictability and time-to-market.
The Flow Maturity Journey
Planview’s Value Stream Management Flow Maturity journey guides organizations through five maturity levels to achieve optimal flow. Organizations start at a basic maturity level, then progress gradually through the stages. As organizations continuously improve to optimize their flow, they become better at delivering value and gaining customer feedback, resulting in an effective business transformation.
In this stage, the focus is on understanding key concepts of Flow Methodology and organizing your agile team processes, roles, and tools. Disconnected applications are synchronized using Planview Hub, and the resulting integrated landscape provides visibility and traceability into the end-to-end flow of work across your entire value stream.
In this stage, the software toolchain is connected end-to-end, revealing visibility into progress and the flow of work across the entire value stream. Areas of misalignment or inconsistencies in the delivery lifecycle are identified, and at least some ideas can make an impact.
In this stage, visibility into work has been established, and leaders begin to implement flow optimization practices to increase efficiency and make work predictable. Using Flow Metrics and Portfolio Insights, leaders adjust processes and make organizational changes to reduce bottlenecks and other forms of waste.
In this stage, flow optimization practices mature, and value stream work is aligned to strategic objectives and key results. This alignment ensures that teams are delivering the right outcomes. The broader organizational project-to-product transformation is evaluated, and flow management standards are institutionalized.
In the final stage, organizations use automation for scale and efficiency, apply data science to uncover insights, incorporate financial analysis, and develop new business outcomes based on new capabilities. They continuously analyze exceptions, redesign policies, and improve automations to scale and respond to new challenges.
- Watch the Introduction to Value Stream Management webinar to learn more about key value stream management concepts.
- Deepen your understanding of Flow Methodology and the five progressive levels of the flow maturity journey.
- Join the Flow Framework Community to engage in discussion and share best practices, challenges, and innovative approaches to implementing value stream management.
- Become a certified Planview Viz Professional or certified Planview Flow Framework Professional by completing courses in the University of Planview.
- View our role-based guidance for leveraging Planview Viz and Flow Metrics as a product owner, engineering manager, agile coach, or scrum master.