Importing Internal Rates
The following fields have been added to the data import template for resources:
- Resource Rate Custom Amount
- Resource Rate Custom Title
- Resource Rate Effective Date
- Resource Rate Table Title
When creating a new resource, you can use these fields to establish a custom rate value, rate title, and effective date for the new resource, or assign the resource to an existing rate table.
When updating a resource, you can use these fields to create a new custom rate for the existing resource, or assign the existing resource to a different (existing) rate table.
Note the following:
- You must include an effective date when updating resource rates
- When assigning a rate table for resource create/update, the table must exist and be active
- You cannot include an internal rate table title and a custom rate amount for the same resource in the same import.
- If you have requested to show the Today's Rate field on the resource record, remember that this is a read-only field and cannot be update via data/API import
The requirements for using data import apply to the API methods insertEntity, createOrReplace, updateEntity.
Creating a Rates Import File (with Resources)
- Navigate to Admin/Data Import.
- Select the entity for which you are creating the import file, for example, Resources.
- Click the appropriate button - either Generate Import File for New or Generate Import File for Update.
- The Excel file will open that contains all the available fields for creating or updating a resource, for which you can do the following:
Create resource with a custom rate
When creating the resource, specify values for the Resource Rate Custom Amount and Resource Rate Custom Title fields. Note that when creating resources with custom rates, the effective date is always Past to Future. Any date entered will be ignored.
If you do not specify a Resource Rate Custom Title, a default title of "Resource Name" will be used. For example, "Rose, Jennifer".
Update a custom rate for a resource
When updating a resource, specify values for the Resource Rate Custom Amount, Resource Rate Custom Title, and Resource Rate Effective Date fields.
If you do not specify a date when updating a resource, the system will return an error. If you specify an existing date, the rate is updated. If a new date is used, a new custom rate is created. Either way, the user gets an updated custom rate.
Create a resource and assign to rate table
When creating the resource, specify the title of an existing rate table in the Resource Rate Table Title field. The resource will be assigned to the rate table with the effective date of Past to Future.
If the value of Resource Rate Table Title does not refer to a valid, active internal rate table, or if you specify both a Resource Rate Custom Amount and a Resource Rate Table, the system will return an error. Any date entered will be ignored.
Update a resource and assign to a rate table
When updating a resource, specify an existing rate table in the Resource Rate Table Title field and an effective date in the Resource Rate Effective Date field. The resource will be associated with the rate table as of the specified effective date.
If the value of Resource Rate Table Title does not refer to a valid, active internal rate table, or if you specify both a Resource Rate Custom Amount and a Resource Rate Table, the system will return an error.
If no date is specified when updating a resource, the system will return an error.
Create a resource with a default internal rate
When creating a resource, if you omit all rate information (values and titles), the resource will be assigned the default rate (as specified in the UI).
5. Save the spreadsheet.
To Import/Update Rates Data (with Resources)
- Navigate to Admin/Data Import.
- Select the entity to import from the list, for example, Resources.
- Click the Import button.
- Follow the instructions for importing, including selecting the import file created earlier on Step 1 and mapping fields (including UDFs) on Step 2, and clicking Import.