You can configure the resource list (upper) and allocation details (lower) panes of the workbench separately.
Customize Resource List
Use the Resource Workbench Settings dialog to configure the following for the upper (resource list) pane:
the calendar period to display - months or quarters
the number of periods to display in the Resource Utilization pane (upper grid)
(whether to display gradient colors to represent different utilization values (see Configuring Resource Availability Settings for details about configuring the color scheme - must have Admin privileges to configure)
whether to display allocation units in Hours or Headcount
the number of allocation periods to display in the Allocations pane (lower grid)
the columns to display on the grid
for the Resource List pane, the available columns are the same as the columns in the Resources view
for the Allocation Details pane, use the column header menus to hide/show columns
a resource photo
the interval in which to display the allocation periods in the bottom pane (weekly, monthly, quarterly)
To configure settings
- Click the gear icon in the Resource Workbench toolbar to display the Settings dialog:
- Configure the appropriate settings, add/remove columns.
- Click OK.
You have the option to display a column that contains a resource photo for each record in the Resource List pane. Users often find it easier to scan photos of resources rather than their names. You can upload a photo, and then hide/show the Photo column (see above).
If you have an image registered with Gravatar.com, this image will be used automatically to populate your resource photo if you do not already have a photo.
If you do not have an image registered with Gravatar.com and have not uploaded your own image, PPM Pro will generate a unique “identicon” and use it wherever the resource photo is displayed.
Upload a photo
- Select Change Photo from the Resource menu located in the right-hand corner of the application, or navigate to your Resource Info page and choose Menu > Change Photo.
- Browse to your image and select it.
- After you upload your image, the system crops it to a square. If you like the composition, just click Save. You can also adjust the cropping and then save the image.