Setting Up or Editing Passwords
Members of the Admin standard group can change any user's password.
If your organization is using remote authentication, the Password field will not be present on the user records in Admin/Users. Passwords must be changed on your authentication server.
PPM Pro requires use of a strong password. The parameters for strong passwords are:
- must be at least 12 characters (max is 80)
- must include at least 1 lower case letter
- must include at least 1 upper case letter
- must include at least 1 numeric or special character
- cannot match last password
1. Navigate to Admin/Users.
2. Select the user whose password you want to change.
3. Enter the new password in the Change Password field.
4. Confirm the new password in the Confirm Password field.
5. Click Save.
Admin group members can configure if and when passwords will expire by setting the Password Expiration Time on Admin/Organization/Info. See Configuring Organization-Wide Settings.
Password Modification Date
Note that for admins, this field is editable to enable them to force a password change in conjunction with the password modification feature. If an admin wants to force a user to change their password at the next login and the password change interval is 90 days, they can set that field to something more than 90 days ago and the user will see the password change dialog when they next log in.