Assigning a scoring profile to a project or request type (legacy
Role: For projects, users with PPM Pro administrative privileges or the Project > Edit > Scoring Profile permission. For request types, users with PPM Pro administrative privileges only.
Before you can score a project or request, you must assign a scoring profile to that project/request type.
Assigning a scoring profile to a project
Note that only a user with PPM Pro administrative privileges or the Project > Edit > Scoring Profile permission can assign a profile to a project.
To assign a profile to a project:
- Navigate to Projects/All Projects and double-click the project you wish to score (or select the project and choose Open).
- Navigate to the project's Settings section and select a profile from the Scoring Profile drop list (Note that by default the Scoring Profile droplist appears in the project Settings section. Your organization might have moved the field to Details or Additional Details.)
- Click Save.
Assigning a scoring profile to a request type
Note that only a user with PPM Pro administrative privileges can assign a scoring profile to a request type. The scoring profile is assigned to the request type, meaning that any requests created of this type will use this scoring profile.
When you set the profile for a request type, you can also specify that the requester be given permission to score the request without having to be on a scoring team.
To set a scoring profile for a request type:
- Navigate to Admin/Setup/Requests.
- Click [Info] for the request type you want to assign the profile to and then click the Edit button.
- Click the Next button to move to the second screen of the wizard.
- Select the scoring profile from the Scoring Profile dropdown list.
- (Optional) To allow the requester to score the request, enable the requester Can Score checkbox.
If you select this option, the requester will be prompted to score the request at the time the request is created. If the user chooses not to score the request at that time, he or she can score it later
- Click Save.
Changing the profile assigned to a project or request type
If scoring is unlocked, you can change the profile currently assigned to a project or request type. However, the scores from the original profile will be removed from the Scoring section. If you decide to reassign a previously-scored profile, those scores will be reinstated in the Scoring section.
To change the scoring profile assigned to a project or request type, follow the steps above for setting the profile, and simply select a different profile from the Scoring Profile drop-down list.