For general information about cross-project dependencies, see About Cross-Project Dependencies.
The process for creating cross-project dependencies is the same as for intra-project dependencies:
- Navigate to the Tasks section of a project (for example, Hyperspace Bypass/Tasks).
- Select a task and click the Create Dependency icon .
- In the Manage Dependency dialog that appears, choose New Predecessor > In Another Project.
- Search for the project, choose the task.
- Click OK.
The selected task appears in the Precedesors list. You can adjust the dependency type and lag/lead time.
- Once you are done, click Save.
- The external task links are indicated by a task "quick view" card. This card has link to the external task so you can navigate directly between projects.
Note that the external project will appear on the Project-Predecessors page of the originating project.