Note: Due to the end of year holidays, we will be releasing the December release of PPM Pro one week earlier.
Click here for an overview of the PPM Pro release process.
The table below lists this month's product release dates.
|Release Notes published||November 29|
|System released to sandbox environments||December 6|
|System released to production environments||
Releases are deployed during the standard maintenance windows.
- Features that are ready will enter GA status in the first month's release of each calendar quarter: January, April, July, October. There will be an occasional variance from this schedule. You can enter a support request to move a beta feature into your production environment.
- You can request that beta features be enabled in your production environment by entering a support ticket. Please note that any issues you find will be handled during the normal development cycle.
- Planview sends out status emails in advance of planned releases/updates. These alerts include the date and time window of the update, as well as a link to the release notes that include a list of the issues addressed in the update/release. To subscribe to these alerts, please go to https://status.planview.com/ and click the Subscribe button.
- NO WEBINAR THIS MONTH - HOLIDAYS! We hold a live product release webinar - typically on the Wednesday before the production release. This webinar will be hosted by PPM Pro product management and consulting personnel, and will include time for Q&A. Click here to register for the January 15th release webinar.
- Inner circles are offered as a way for our interested customers to collaborate with PPM Pro Product Management and each other, provide feedback on PPM Pro product capabilities, and guide new feature development. Click here for more information or to register.
New Feature Matrix
For more information…
Current functionality (Rolling beta)
|Beta - currently available in sandboxes only||
A couple of upcoming webinars ->
Parkview Health: Prioritizing Project Investments with Strategic Work Intake (Dec 12) registration
|Changes to Calculated Fields||
In order to give users a better user experience, and to continue to tighten security for our customers, there will be some changes to calculated fields.
Starting in January the application will strictly adhere to the data type setting on the calculated field. Currently, if you had a field defined as one data type but were using it as another data type, we needed to do special processing with legacy reporting in order to make the field render correctly.
For example, a calculated field that uses FormatNumber should be defined as a string field, not a number field. This resulted in inconsistent behavior between fields in the UI and fields in reports.
See Functions for a list of functions and their correct data type. Some common misconfigurations are:
With regard to security, when HTML was used in the formula, but the calculated field was defined as a string (instead of using the HTML display type), we were not able to guarantee against cross-site scripting, even with Strict XSS Protection enabled.
|Target - January 2020|
|Function Area||ID||Release Note Description|
|PPA||927019850||Fixed. In certain cases, PPA filters were throwing a classCastException error; this has been resolved.|
|Requests||940160920||Fixed. The request Description fields now accepts up to 4000 characters.|
The following field names have been changed:
Elapsed Workflow Time -> Cumulative Gate Time
The following field has been added: Current Hold Time
For a description of these fields, see Out-of-the-Box Request Fields.
|Resource Workbench||921461418||New. The Find Demand feature can now return up to 50 results (projects). Previously up to 10 projects only could be returned.|
|Rich text editor||922017287||Fixed. Inserting links (Insert Link button) into the editor no longer throws an error.|
|Tasks||881775887||New. There is a new % Complete method called Task Manual (Duration) that calculates duration-based % complete for a task. This is similar to Task Manual (Weighted), but instead of using a manually entered relative weight value in the calculation, the duration in hours is used as the relative weight value.|
|Tasks||925666980||Fixed. Bulk copying tasks work as expected. Previously, an issue prevented the user from editing tasks at the end of the copy.|
|Tasks||932708221||New. Fields with a display type of HTML can be placed on the task grid.|