What's New - December 2021
Click here for an overview of the PPM Pro release process.
The table below lists this month's product release dates.
|Release Notes published for new features||December 3|
|New features released to sandbox environments||N/A|
|New features released to production environments||December 10|
|Issue fixes released weekly||Planned weekly releases containing issue fixes and minor enhancements; release notes updated accordingly|
Releases are deployed during the standard maintenance windows.
- To accommodate our holiday schedules, the December 2021 release will be one week early, on Friday December 10. There will not be a Sandbox release.
- Defect fixes and occasional beta features are delivered weekly; most beta features and GA features (when ready) are delivered monthly.
- You can request that beta features be enabled in your production environment by entering a support ticket (some beta features not initially available in production, Planview will advise). Please note that any issues you find will be handled during the normal development cycle.
- Planview sends out status emails in advance of planned and non-planned releases/updates/incidents. These alerts include the date and time window of the releases/updates/incident, as well as a link to the release notes that include a list of the issues addressed in the releases/updates/incident. To subscribe to these alerts, please go to https://status.planview.com/ and click the Subscribe button.
- There is no release webinar for December.
- However, if you must quench your thirst for webinar content, you can now watch all of the presentations from this year's Accelerate conference in the Customer Success Center. You can check them out here.
- Inner circles are offered as a way for our interested customers to collaborate with PPM Pro Product Management and each other, provide feedback on PPM Pro product capabilities, and guide new feature development. Click here for more information or to register.
New Features Matrix
For more information…
If you wish to enable this feature in your production environment, enter a support case requesting to do so.
Rolling beta highlights
Setting Up Permissions for Project Financials
Configuring Summary Data Streams - General Tab (Beta)
Creating Fields for the Financial Summary (Beta)
Working with the Summary View (Beta)
Financial Summary: Cookbook (Beta)
Release Notes - Sorted by Release Date
|Release Date||Function Area||LeanKit card||Release Note Description|
|January 7||Reports||1668986891||Improved. We improved the performance of filters on GaitWait and GateWaitAction entities. This should allow some reports that use these filters to run faster.|
|January 7||Reports||1663482650||New. When viewing List: Basic, List: Stacked, and List: Time Series, the list values can now be selected for copying and pasting.|
|January 7||Reports||1644139013||Fixed. Display Data As options now work on Non Negative Float columns.|
|January 7||Projects||1651167845||Fixed. When working with the spreadsheet editor in a project, the arrow keys allow users to navigate in the spreadsheet.|
|January 7||Legacy Reports||1639133715||Fixed. We fixed an issue where users could not select a target when running a legacy report with All Tasks under a Summary Task as the report source. Now, users can select targets and run these reports.|
|January 7||Reports||1648097558||Fixed. PDF prints of the status comments field now match their HTML output. Previously, they were printed in much smaller frame with small text.|
|January 7||Project Financials||1667734710||Fixed. The AllocateFinancialEntryContour API call was taking allocation values it was passed and distributing them evenly across allocation periods. Now, it contours allocations exactly as they are specified in the call.|
|December 15||Requests||1646337197||Fixed. The New Gate Location modal was appearing, unbidden, when users saved gate approval logic for request categories that use gate skipping logic. This no longer happens.|
|December 15||Projects||1667178455||Fixed. Icons in the task timeline were misaligned. Now, the icons appear in their correct positions.|
|December 15||Finances||1661451500||Fixed. Adding a new internal rate to your organization no longer deactivates the New button. You can add more than one new rate at a time without refreshing the page.|
|December 10 (production)||Reports||1652710531||New. Fields in list reports have additional background color options:
Taken together, these additional options make it easier for users to create resource utilization reports that look like the Resource Workbench.
|December 10 (production)||Custom Fields||1612801458||Fixed. Users can rename standard text fields and then revert back to their old name without issue.|
|December 10 (production)||Reports||1632219994||Fixed. Exporting a dashboard to Excel could result in an error if the headers of dashboard components had the same name. To prevent this from happening, a number will be added to component names during export if they have the same name.|
|December 10 (production)||Projects||1658446124||Fixed. The Task Timeline was not coloring timeline bars according to settings specified by the user. We fixed this and the timeline bars are colored according the Color by settings in the configuration window.|
|December 10 (production)||Projects||1654441913||Fixed. The View in Project option for Project Logs is disabled for Time Users without the appropriate permissions. Previously, Time Users could click the option and trigger an error message.|
|December 10 (production)||Reports||1658097025||New. Crosstab, List: Basic, List: Stacked, and Gantt charts have a new Browser Print option to print to PDF. The Browser Print function respects settings such as Date Range, Width Percent, and others. It will print what you see on the screen using your browser's print capability. Like the Browser Print in the Dashboard, make sure the background graphics option is enabled (this is usually found in the print window's advanced options).|
|December 10 (production)||Staffing Requests||1658296924||Fixed. When creating a staffing request, users can sort the list of resources by the values in the Route to column.|
|December 10 (production)||Projects||1600692613
Fixed. The following issues with the Ad-hoc filter in the Projects entity have been fixed:
|December 10 (production)||Reports||1657576250||Fixed. Field icons in reports are now properly displayed in reports exported to PDF.|
|December 10 (production)||Reports||1647290993||Fixed. Excel exports of Portfolio topic reports repeat data when Group By fields are added to the reports. This brings the behavior of Portfolio topic reports in line with other reports.|