Click here for an overview of the PPM Pro release process.
The table below lists this month's product release dates.
|Release Notes published
|System released to sandbox environments
|System released to production environments
|Additional updates as necessary
|To support our goal of getting working features to customers faster, we may deliver a release outside of the monthly cycle to provide new, low-risk functionality and/or essential issue fixes.
Releases are deployed during the standard maintenance windows.
- Features that are ready will enter GA status in the first month's release of each calendar quarter: January, April, July, October. There will be an occasional variance from this schedule. You can enter a support request to move a beta feature into your production environment.
- You can request that beta features be enabled in your production environment by entering a support ticket (some beta features not initially available in production, Planview will advise). Please note that any issues you find will be handled during the normal development cycle.
- Planview sends out status emails in advance of planned releases/updates. These alerts include the date and time window of the update, as well as a link to the release notes that include a list of the issues addressed in the update/release. To subscribe to these alerts, please go to https://status.planview.com/ and click the Subscribe button.
- We hold a live product release webinar - typically on the Wednesday before the production release. This webinar will be hosted by PPM Pro product management and consulting personnel, and will include time for Q&A. Click here to register for the July 15th release webinar. Also, remember you can sign up for any/all upcoming customer webinars here.
- Inner circles are offered as a way for our interested customers to collaborate with PPM Pro Product Management and each other, provide feedback on PPM Pro product capabilities, and guide new feature development. Click here for more information or to register.
|Release Note Description
|Planned Release Date - Pending QA Approval
|Reports - Legacy
|Fixed. Running a Project Scores By Category Bubble Chart report works as expected. Previously, an issue rendered data for the first field only.
|Targeted for August 7
|New. Support for drilldowns from Bubble reports.
|New. Support for grouping on multi-select lists
|Fixed. Filters that use the "next NNN" or "previous NNN" criteria work as expected. Previously, an issue caused these criteria to be ignored, resulting in unfiltered output.
|Resource Workbench, Timesheets
|Fixed. In the Resource Workbench, after selecting a resource and choosing Actions > View Timesheets, the selected resource's timesheets are displayed. Previously, an issue caused the timesheets of the current user to be displayed.
New Feature Matrix
For more information…
Enter a support case if you wish to enable in your production environment
Current functionality (Rolling beta)
Demo: Intro to Reporting Beta
Current functionality (Rolling beta)
|Beta target - July 2020 release
|An update of dashboards similar to Reports Revamp!
|Beta target - August
Exciting news for customers with multiple Planview products! Planview ID will be launching soon and will provide a centralized user management experience for an organization's administrators to view and manage users' access across Planview products. With Planview ID, users will be able to login to multiple Planview products with a single username and password.
|Leankit Card ID
|Release Note Description
|Fixed. The "contains" operand works as expected when filtering team members. Previously, an issue caused no results to be returned if the filter used "contains > team member name".
|Fixed. After making any change to a published dashboard, the Publish button is active allowing you to republish with the changes. Previously, after modifying the publishing schedule, the Publish button was not active until another change was made to the schedule.
|Fixed. When assets are deleted, any associated portfolio links to the asset are also deleted. Previously, the associated links were not deleted, which caused unexpected filter results.
|Fixed. Audit History reports can be sorted by Last Modified Date, as expected. Previously, an issue was causing the report to do a String Field Sort rather than a Date Numeric Sort, resulting in an incorrect sort order.
|Fixed. Exporting a cross-tab report to Excel works for all locales. Previously, a runtime error was thrown if the locale was set to a language that uses a comma as the decimal symbol. For instance, German, French, Danish, Dutch, Portuguese, Swedish.
|Fixed. Making a copy of a report definition that has not yet been run works as expected. Previously, an issue prevented the Output Options (data fields) from being copied into the new report definition.
|Fixed. Reports can successfully render multi-select field values that include commas or apostrophes. Previously an issue caused an error to be thrown if the report included multi-select list values that contained a comma or an apostrophe.
|Fixed. Creating a drilldown link from a boolean field with Checkbox display type as the category field in a Pie chart works as expected. Previously, an issue prevented the drilldown link from returning data.
|Fixed. Drilling down from a column chart to a crosstab report works as expected - correct data is rendered. Previously, an issue prevented the crosstab report from returning data.
|Fixed. Request fields with HTML display type set to view only are clickable and successfully open the link as expected. Previously, an issue resulted in request view-only HTML fields being unclickable, preventing the user from opening the link.
|Fixed. When copying a request category, the "Sections to Include" are copied, as well as the "Show on New" settings for each section. Previously, the sections were copied, but not the "Show on New" settings.
|Fixed. Request List fields can be mapped to UDF Pulldown list fields and data successfully populates the target field. Previously, the field "mapped" but data was not populated in the target field.
|Fixed. You can copy a request such that the Title of the new request can contain up to 80 characters. In addition, the product no longer pre-pends "Copy of" to the title of the new request in order to keep the titles shorter. Previously an issue caused the Copy action to fail of the new request's title was 72 characters long.
|Fixed. A renegade, out-of-the-box filter called +Active Full Resources made its way into PPM Pro. We have corralled the errant filter and removed it. You can build an ad hoc filter to return resources associated with a Full user.
|New. A new feature allows organizations to limit the number of hours a user can enter daily to a timesheet to the working hours of the resource calendar (ignoring events). A new setting has been added to Admin/Organization/Timesheet Settings and is called "Allow timesheet hours to be limited to working hours". After enabling this setting, a new field called "Limit timesheet hours to working hours" appears on every user record. Enable this setting for any user to limit their daily timesheet entries to the resource calendar working hours (ignoring events).