What's New - April 2020
Click here for an overview of the PPM Pro release process.
The table below lists this month's product release dates.
|Release Notes published||April 3|
|System released to sandbox environments||April 10|
|System released to production environments||
Releases are deployed during the standard maintenance windows.
- Features that are ready will enter GA status in the first month's release of each calendar quarter: January, April, July, October. There will be an occasional variance from this schedule. You can enter a support request to move a beta feature into your production environment.
- You can request that beta features be enabled in your production environment by entering a support ticket. Please note that any issues you find will be handled during the normal development cycle.
- Planview sends out status emails in advance of planned releases/updates. These alerts include the date and time window of the update, as well as a link to the release notes that include a list of the issues addressed in the update/release. To subscribe to these alerts, please go to https://status.planview.com/ and click the Subscribe button.
- We hold a live product release webinar - typically on the Wednesday before the production release. This webinar will be hosted by PPM Pro product management and consulting personnel, and will include time for Q&A. Click here to register for the April 15th release webinar. Also, remember you can sign up for any/all upcoming customer webinars here.
- Inner circles are offered as a way for our interested customers to collaborate with PPM Pro Product Management and each other, provide feedback on PPM Pro product capabilities, and guide new feature development. Click here for more information or to register.
|Function Area||Leankit Card||Release Note Description||Planned Release Date - Pending QA Approval|
|Dashboard||1051065690||Fixed. Non-PPM Pro users can access and download the contents of a published dashboard to Excel. Previously, an issue was causing an empty file with no extension to be downloaded.||April 22|
|Reports (Legacy), Gantt UI||1051182948||Fixed. Users can export Gantt reports as PDFs, and can print to PDF from the Gantt chart on the Projects List UI. Previously, an issue caused the system threw a 500 error when attempting export/print to PDF.||April 22|
|Requests, Filters||1051942930||Fixed. The +Requests I Can Approve filter is working as expected.||April 24|
|Rich Text Editor||1000340655||Improved. Applying changes to styling - such as size, color, font - take affect immediately. Previously you had to apply the changes more than once before they took affect.||May 6|
|Rich Text Editor||1000189463||Improved. Edits made to selected text are applied to the whole selection. Previously, edits were applied to a subset of of the highlighted text only.||May 6|
New Feature Matrix
For more information…
Enter a support case if you wish to enable in your production environment
Current functionality (Rolling beta)
Demo: Intro to Reporting Beta
New: Building Gantt Chart Reports
|Undo/Redo for Entity Details||
In addition to the existing Undo/Redo feature in the spreadsheet-style editor, we have added the capability to Undo/Redo to the Details panels/sections for SSA-enabled entities (excluding legacy requests) as well as the bulk editor. This includes:
|Reminder: Deprecating legacy requests||
As discussed in our Customer Webinars, we plan to deprecate legacy requests in June. If you have any questions regarding the transition, please open a Customer Care case.
|Target - June 2020 release||
See updated help topic:
|Function Area||Leankit Card||Release Note Description|
|Internationalization||1003047579||Fixed. Values are displayed correctly and can be edited/saved when in locales that use a comma to represent the thousands indicator. Previously, an issue was preventing certain fields from updating in locales that use the comma separator.|
|Portfolios||994177762||Fixed. When viewing portfolios, all parent portfolio Title values are rendered as the portfolio name. Previously, an issue was causing the parent portfolio name to be presented as the portfolio ID in the Hierarchy view.|
|Project/Calendar||1019197893||Fixed. Changing the base calendar during project creation no longer throws an error.|
|Published Dashboards||1000275348||Fixed. Dashboard expiration alerts configured for non-US locales are being sent on the correct days. Previously, an issue caused dashboard expiration dates to be set to the US locale, causing the alerts to be sent on the wrong day due to the reversal of days/months pattern of the locale.|
|Reports||1028715087||Fixed. Resource planning reports filtered by Project Role return expected results.|
|Requests||1012169221||Fixed. Users can switch between the request List view and Card view as expected. Previously, in certain situations the system threw an error when clicking into the Card view.|
|Requests||1019094339||Fixed. The category of a request cannot be changed while the request is in progress - the category can be changed if the request is on hold. Previously, an issue resulted in users being able to change category for in-flight requests.|
|Requests, Associations||992894930||Fixed. You can associate requests to tasks or project logs that are children of template projects. Previously associations were not permitted if parent project of the tasks/project logs was a template (those projects did not appear in the Parent Project dropdown).|
|Time users, Alerts||989046640||Fixed. Modification alerts sent to Time users who have the appropriate permissions to view/edit tasks/project logs/requests will include the URL to the entity as is done for other user types. Previously, alerts sent to Time user about entities they owned did not include the URL to the entity.|
|Timesheets||1039649050||Fixed. Alternate PM timesheet approvers can view/edit/approve timesheets awaiting their approval. Previously an issue caused the system to throw an error when the alternate PM approver clicked on a timesheet waiting for their approval.|