Click here for an overview of the PPM Pro release process.
The table below lists this month's product release dates.
|Release Notes published for new features
|New features released to sandbox environments
|New features released to production environments
|Issue fixes released weekly
|Planned weekly releases containing issue fixes and minor enhancements; release notes updated accordingly
Releases are deployed during the standard maintenance windows.
- Defect fixes and occasional beta features are delivered weekly; most beta features and GA features (when ready) are delivered monthly.
- You can request that beta features be enabled in your production environment by entering a support ticket (some beta features not initially available in production, Planview will advise). Please note that any issues you find will be handled during the normal development cycle.
- Planview sends out status emails in advance of planned and non-planned releases/updates/incidents. These alerts include the date and time window of the releases/updates/incident, as well as a link to the release notes that include a list of the issues addressed in the releases/updates/incident. To subscribe to these alerts, please go to https://status.planview.com/ and click the Subscribe button.
- We typically hold a live product release webinar on the Wednesday before the production release. This webinar will be hosted by PPM Pro product management and consulting personnel, and will include time for Q&A. Click here to register for the July 13th release webinar. Also, remember you can sign up for any/all upcoming customer webinars here.
- Inner circles are offered as a way for our interested customers to collaborate with PPM Pro Product Management and each other, provide feedback on PPM Pro product capabilities, and guide new feature development. Click here for more information or to register.
New Features Matrix
For more information…
This feature will be generally available for all customers with the July 2022 production release. To enable it, please see the Setting Up Permissions for Project Financials article.
Added capability to replace financial structures in multiple projects:
Generally Available - July 2022
Card View for other SSA Entities
Unlike previous beta releases, this feature is available to production environments. If you want to enable this feature, see Card View Setup (Beta).
Rolling beta highlights
The primary goal of this feature is to provide users with a "Card View" alternative to the standard entity grids. The first entities receiving a card view are Projects, Tasks, and Project Logs/Issues.
Beta - June 2022
|KPI Trend Reports (Part 1)
New reports are getting their own version of legacy KPI Trend Reports. Functionality for this feature will be rolled out in at least two phases. Phase One includes:
Release Notes - Sorted by Release Date
|Release Note Description
|Improved. Additional work has been done in this area. Time entry performs better when entering time for individual days on the timesheet.
|Improved. API calls for Task updateEntity and InsertEntity perform better.
|Fixed. Project Owner fields are now available as trend fields.
|Fixed. Task Timeline Color by values were not being honored in some cases. This no longer occurs.
|Improved. Time entry performs better when entering time for individual days on the timesheet. Previously, there was a delay in certain cases when tabbing between cells on the timesheet.
Fixed. In Gantt reports, if the Color by option is active, and the field that the report is coloring by is deleted, the field's ID would be displayed in the Color by field. Now, it displays None.
Fixed. Scrolling was not allowed in Time Series reports that used Resource utilization (organization default) as their custom color set. Users can now successfully scroll through reports regardless of the color set used.
|Fixed. Errors were occurring when users tried to run trend reports that included trend fields from standard lookup lists. This no longer happens and users can successfully trend reports that contain fields from lookup lists.
|Fixed. When compared to legacy trend reports, the new trend reports were using different start dates when using a weekly interval. The weekly start dates now match the ones in legacy reports.
|Fixed. In KPI Trend reports, user-defined trend fields appeared to be duplicated in the Available Fields list and some non-trend fields did not appear at all. Now, all appropriate fields appear in the Available Fields list and appear only once.
|Fixed. The assignment of pending approvers as gate approvers was causing errors. Now, pending approvers cannot be selected to be gate approvers.
|Fixed. In the Task Card View, fields were being displayed differently between the cards and the card detail. This no longer occurs.
|Fixed. Hovering over the arrows in the Project list Gantt chart now correctly displays the details of the project dependencies.
|Fixed. The Projects list was experiencing a minor display error where it could suddenly appear indented after clicking the Show/Hide Gantt or Configure Settings button. This no longer happens.
|Fixed. We fixed an issue which prevented users from exporting Time Series reports to Excel when Variable Settings were edited in the report. Now, editing Variable Settings does not stop Excel exports.
July 8 (sandbox)
July 15 (production)
|Fixed. Selecting an end date that is before a start date on the Manage Fixed Bid page caused an error that users could fix or recover from. This no longer happens and if an end date is set before the start date, the end date is adjusted based on the start date.
July 8 (sandbox)
July 15 (production)
|Fixed. Asset filters were not available for selection under Asset reports Variable Settings. This no longer happens and all Asset entity filters display as available under the filter section of Asset reports.