The Planview Spigit Innovation Management SaaS application includes the optional ability to generate email notifications to selected users in order to:
- Invite their participation in a new community.
- Provide notifications of activities or tasks in their existing communities.
- Provide notification of programs or events as directed by your company’s Spigit application administrators.
Users can set the frequency of emails they would like to receive in their profile settings. This email notification capability is enabled by default, as it is a core feature designed to promote and encourage user engagement.
By default, email is sent from the @spigit.com domain using our email relay service that includes TLS transport, DKIM authentication, and DMARC. The “From Name” of the application sender can be set to your innovation program name, but the “From” email address will typically be email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and always from the @spigit.com domain. The email relay service handles all automated rejects and bounced traffic from customer email service providers, which helps improve the quality of email traffic sent from the Spigit platform.
To help with ensuring delivery of this program email, the spigit.com domain should be whitelisted in your email spam filters to make sure email is not blocked from delivery, and that your innovation platform messages are not erroneously identified as spam.
Sending Email IP Addresses
Spigit platform email is sent through the Mandrill email relay and originates from either IP address 188.8.131.52 or IP address 184.108.40.206.
Changing the “From” Email Address from Spigit Domain to Your Domain
Spigit operations can work with your internal email team to enable the platform emails to be sent from your domain. This requires a DNS authorization process that permits our email relay to send messages from your domain. Enter a Spigit support request to start this discussion and include the following details:
1. A new SPF TXT record in DNS. That domain needs to have the following in its SPF record:
v=spf1 include:spf.mandrillapp.com ?all
2. A new DKIM TXT record in your DNS: [mandrill._domainkey.nationwide.co.uk] needs to have the following DKIM record:
v=DKIM1\; k=rsa\; p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQCrLHiExVd55zd/IQ/J/mRwSRMAocV/hMB3jXwaHH36d9NaVynQFYV8NaWi69c1veUtRzGt7yAioXqLj7Z4TeEUoOLgrKsn8YnckGs9i3B3tVFB+Ch/4mPhXWiNfNdynHWBcPcbJ8kjEQ2U8y78dHZj1YeRXXVvWob2OaKynO8/lQIDAQAB\;
3. An email address that can receive an email sent to "email@example.com". A validation link will be emailed to that account, which needs to be provided to us for verification.