Editing the Navigation Bar
How can I Modify Items on the Navigation Bar?
First, let's see how the Navigation bar is built:
- Hover your mouse over or click the Ideas/View Ideas link on the Navigation Bar.
- Notice that the URL in the lower tray your browser follows the convention /Page/ViewIdeas.
- Make note that ViewIdeas (no space) referenced in the URL is the page name within Site Editor. This name cannot be changed after the page is created. If a page name needs to be changed, delete that page and create a new one.
- View Idea (with the space) is the link/tab name that users see. This page can be modified after creation.
How to Hide/Show a Page on the Navigation Bar
- In the Site Editor select the checkbox for Add to Navigation Bar to make a page appear on the navigation bar:
How to Modify the Horizontal Order of Tabs in the Navigation Menu
- In Administration > Display & Branding > Site Editor, there is a column on the left side of the page containing a listing of the pages available within the community.
- The vertical orientation will translate to horizontal order of the buttons in the navigation bar (only those with Add to Navigation Bar selected).
- Drag and drop the pages to reorder the navigation.