Super Administrator and Administrator are the only roles that have access to Site Editor (an advanced dashboard capability used to lay out the site design and content).
- The Administrator role is able to perform site setup and maintenance.
- The Super Administrator has the broadest access across the instance.
- The site Administrator role is able to perform site setup and maintenance but does not have full access across the site.
The Administrator Role is Community-Specific
- A user can be Administrator in one challenge and not another unless nominated.
- The Administrator has full control over the entire challenge/community.
- This allows control over most aspects of a challenge-based community.
- Some limits to user management and language settings are present.
- If an Administrator is needed in multiple communities, make them a Super Administrator.
The Super Administrator role is NOT Community-Specific
- They can freely navigate to any other community/challenge in the instance.
- Permissions do not apply to Super Administrators.
- They can assign Administrator and Super Administrator privileges.
- They can create and clone communities.
- They can manage the Languages settings.
- They have the ability to use the Language Editor.
- They can remove a user's identity.
- They can reopen closed ideas.
Users with these roles may be contacted by Spigit about planned server maintenance or upcoming outages.