It is strongly recommended to install the document app to make it as easy as possible to work with documents in Projectplace, but if you cannot install the document app, here's how you can edit documents.
Video: Work without document apps
To edit a document without a document app:
- In the detail view for the document, click the options menu and select Download.
- In the Lock section of the detail view, click the toggle to lock the document. This is important so that no one else can edit the file at the same time.
- Edit the document on your computer using the appropriate program. Save and close it.
- Go back to Projectplace and open the detail view for the document.
- In the Lock section of the detail view, click the toggle to unlock the document.
- Click the options menu and select New version. If the document is not using version control the menu will say Replace instead.
- Upload the revised document and click Update. The document is now replaced with the one you just updated. If version management is activated a new version has been created.