Copy a Board
If you want to use a board as a template to reuse within a workspace or to another workspace, you can copy the board, including the status column settings and labels. Copying a board is very useful if you use the same work process in different boards, minimizing time for customizing each board. You can also include cards when copying a board, for example, to copy a repetitive work process.
To create a copy of a board:
- Navigate to the board you want to copy.
- Click the options menu icon and select Copy board.
- Select whether you want to copy the board within the workspace, to another workspace, or to a workspace template. Only workspaces that you have access to will be visible in the list. If you select workspace templates, then you will only view those for which you are an administrator.
- Select whether you want the associated cards to be copied as well and whether you want tags or custom fields on cards to also be copied.
- Click Copy.
- A new board is created with the name of the original board preceded by Copy of.
When you copy a Board with Cards within the same Workspace, nearly all attributes of each card will be copied with a few exceptions: co-assignee, dependencies, checklist states in checklists, blocked state, comments and reported time will not be copied over. Cards connected to Activities will be copied but the copies will lose their connection to any Activity. All Board settings are copied except for email and personal settings.
When you copy a Board with Cards to another Workspace or Workspace template, nearly all attributes of each card will be copied with a few exceptions: assignee, co-assignee, start date, due date, dependencies, checklist states in checklists, blocked state, comments and reported time will not be copied over. Cards connected to activities will be copied but the card copies will lose their connection to any activity. All board settings are copied except for board access rights, email, and personal board settings.
Furthermore, when copying a Board to another Workspace, Card attachments will be replicated in the resulting Board, except for attachments that refer to documents in the Workspace's document archive.