It is strongly recommended to install the document app to make it as easy as possible to work with documents in ProjectPlace, but if you cannot install the document app, here's how you can edit documents.
To edit a document without a document app:
- In the detail pane for the document, click the options menuand select Download.
- In the Lock section of the detail pane, click the toggle to on position to lock the document. This is important so that no one else can edit the file at the same time.
- Edit the document on your computer using the appropriate program. Save and close it.
- Return to ProjectPlace and open the detail pane for the document.
- In the Lock section of the detail pane, click the toggle to the off position to unlock the document.
- If the document is not using version control, you can click the options menuand select Replace, upload the revised document, and click Update. The document is now replaced with the one you just uploaded.
- If the document has version control, click the right arrow on the right side of the Versions section to open the Versions. Click on the plus icon to create a New version of the document. Upload the revised document and click Update. A new version has been created.
Kanban boards are a powerful tool for visualizing work and staying on top of who is working on what. Learn more.