Document Tags allows users to classify or group documents by assigning keywords to identify a particular subject or topic. Users can simply find documents by performing a filter search with the tags assigned to a document or documents to narrow down search results.
Add or Remove Document Tags
To add or remove a document tag:
- Open a document's detail pane.
- Click the Tags section to expand it.
- Click the Add tags and type the tag in the available text field. If the word you type currently exists as tags in other documents, you will see a list of matching tags appear in the available list. You may select a tag from the available list or create a new tag and you may add more then one tag to a document's detail pane.
- Click the X next to a tag to delete the tag.
Filter Documents by Tags
Once tags are added to documents they can be used to filter Documents.
- Click the Filter icon to open the filter pane on the left side of the window.
- Click the checkbox of the tags you want to find and the Documents that have matching tags will appear in the available Documents list on the right side of the window.