Document Tags allows users to classify or group documents by assigning keywords to identify a particular subject or topic. Users can simply find documents by performing a filter search with the tags assigned to a document or documents to narrow down search results.
Adding and Removing Document Tags
To add a document tag:
- Open a document's detail pane.
- Click the Add tags section to open it.
- Click the Add new tag icon to type the tag in the available text field. If the word you type currently exists as tags in other documents, you will see a list of matching tags appear in the available list. You may select a tag from the available list or create a new tag and you may add more then one tag to a document's detail pane.
- Hover your cursor over a tag you want to remove. Click the the remove icon to delete the tag.
Filter Documents by Tags
Once tags are added to documents they can be used to filter Documents.
- Click the Filter icon to open the filter pane on the left side of the window.
- In the Type to search field of the Tags section, type the first few letters of the tag you want to find. A list of tags that match the typed letters will appear below.
- Click the checkbox of the tags you want to find and the Documents that have matching tags will appear in the available Documents list on the right side of the window.
- Click Show all to see a list of all of the available tags for all documents in the workspace.
As of April, 2019, tags may only be added to documents.