Video: Create and manage teams
As an account administrator, you can view, create, edit and delete teams in the account. A team can include any number of account members, and an account member can be added to any number of teams.
Any account member may create teams from the Teams tab in the Account administration tool.
Teams can be competency based (such as IT, marketing, sales, or design) where team members work across different projects with a need to follow up on the work for the team as a whole. Teams can also be cross-functional, representing groups of people who for some reason need to keep in touch with each other.
All team members have access to the My Teams tab where each member can communicate within the team and see the work to be done by team members across workspaces.
Assignments from a specific workspace are only displayed if that workspace is published to the Directory and if the boards do not have access rights set for groups.
To create and administrate teams, click the tool selector in the top navigation bar. Select Account administration and then click the Teams tab.
Create a team
Each team must have:
- a unique team name
- at least one assigned team administrator when the team is created.
More administrators can be added to the team at any time after the team has been created.
To create a team:
- Click the tool selector in the top navigation bar, and select Account administration.
- Click Teams.
- Click the Create team button.
- Give the team a name and choose which account member should be assigned as the team administrator.
- Click Create team.
Manage team members and other information
- Select a team name from the available list to open the Team details pane.
- Click the avatar, team name, or team description to edit the team name or description.
- Click Add members icon to add more account members to the team. You many add more than one new user simultaneously by entering the names or email addresses of the users are you adding to the team. Each new member will get an introductory email. Each new team member must accept the invitation before joining the team.
- Click the three dots icon to:
- Assign a team member as a team administrator
- Remove a team member from the team
- Click the three dots icon to delete the team from the workspace.