Account administrators have the capability to manage users in the Projectplace account. Account administrators can:
- see how many total users are in the account
- view how many users the account pays for
- lists those users that are active
- decide and set which users can start new workspaces
- change the department a user belongs to
- add new users to the account.
Video: Manage users in the enterprise account
Click the tool selector in the top navigation bar, and select Account administration. A new Overview window appears displaying the number of users in the account, the number of users paid for by the account, and the number of external users accessing the account.
Click the tool selector in the top navigation bar, select Account administration and select the People tab to see a list of account users.
- Add user to the account. Type the name of the user you want to add and include the user's email address. An email is sent to the new user with the request that he or she registers which creates the new user account. If the person you invite is unfamiliar with Projectplace, include a link in the invitation email to the Get Started with Projectplace article which is useful to help the new user learn more about Projectplace.
- Search for a specific user by typing the name of the user you want to find.
- Filter the type of users you want to see in the list. You can filter by external users, account users, or users that are being paid for. An external user is member of a workspace in the account without being included in the account, typically consultants, or external partners who are not part of the internal organization. External users can not start new workspaces in the account, use templates, or become a head administrator.
- Click a name to open the user's profile to learn more about the user.
- Contact information.
- See what workspaces they are a member of.
- Specify if the user has the ability to start new workspaces.
- Specify if the user has access to the workload add-on.
- Filter the people list by workspace role, for example, workspace administrators.
- Filter the people list by Department.
- Provides status for:
- if users are permitted to start workspaces paid by the account
- if users have access to the workload add-on
- if users have two-step verification enabled.
- Indicates when the user was previously logged in.
- Remove a user from the account. The user account will still be active in Projectplace, but will no longer have access to the customer account.
- Delete an internal user account. The user account will be permanently deleted from Projectplace. An email notification is sent to the user when that user account is deleted. External and internal users that are also members in other accounts, or any users that own workspaces can only be removed from the account, not deleted.
- Export user information.
If you select one or many users, some actions are activated in the toolbar:
- Specify if selected users have the ability to start new workspaces.
- Change departments for the user. This is used if the cost for Projectplace is divided between different departments.
- Remove users. When a user from the account is deleted, that user is deleted from all workspaces he or she is a member of in that account. The deleted user loses any connection he or she has to his or her assignments in those workspaces. Note: The deleted user will have continued access to Projectplace workspaces outside this account. Comments and other information that the user has added will remain.
When you try to remove a user who is the head administrator of a workspace or template, you will be asked to change the head administrator of that workspace or template.
To change account owners and administrators, contact Projectplace Support. Once the account owner or one of the account administrators provides written permission by submitting a ticket and requests to make system role changes, a Projectplace Customer Care Consultant will perform the requested changes.