The whiteboard is tool that you use to create designs and plans while collaborating or brainstorming the same way you would use an actual whiteboard. There are options to add shapes, lines, text, and freehand drawings. You can save whiteboard drawings with the board, as well as download them in SVG, PNG, and JSON formats or copy them to the clipboard to be used in other apps. You can work on a whiteboard simultaneously with others, with the edits appearing in real time.
Creating a Whiteboard
- In a Workspace, click the Whiteboards tool (arrow in image above).
- Click Create whiteboard. The whiteboard is automatically assigned a numbered name.
- To rename the whiteboard, click the menu icon > Rename.
- To add elements (shapes, lines, arrows, text, etc.) to the whiteboard, click the relevant square icon in the center of the view. When you select an element, the element options appear on the left side of the whiteboard.
Try out the various options by selecting an icon and experimenting. If you want to add text within a shape, click any element that is a shape and then either press Enter or double click in the shape and start typing text.
- To change the background color of the whiteboard, click the menu icon > Change background color.
- To access the help for the whiteboard, click the question mark icon at the bottom right.
- To reset the whiteboard and start over, click > Wipe the whiteboard.
- To save the whiteboard, click > Save.
- To copy the whiteboard to the clipboard, click > Copy to clipboard.
- To save the whiteboard in PNG, SVG, or JSON file format, click and then select the option.
Converting a shape with text into a card
To create one or several cards based on shapes:
- Select one or several shapes with text (images below).
- Click the Create cards button.
- From the dropdown menus on the Create Cards popup, select which board and activity upon which you want to place the card(s).
- Click Create and the new card(s) will be added to the specified board.
Editing a Whiteboard
- In a Workspace, click the Whiteboards tool.
- To edit a whiteboard, click the whiteboard thumbnail.
- To edit an element, click the element.
- To delete a whiteboard, click More options > Delete on the whiteboard thumbnail.
Managing Access to Whiteboards
You manage access to whiteboads the same way you manage access to other workspace tools such as plans, boards, and documents. For more information, see Manage Workspace Settings.