Filters can be applied to cards within a board, allowing you to dim or hide cards that don't meet your desired criteria. The filters you apply to view a board affect only your view of that board. If you leave a board that you've applied a filter to and come back later, the filter will still be applied. You can also create and manage Saved Filters.
The Board Filter can be accessed by clicking on the Filter icon that resembles a funnel.
Turning the Filter On and Off
To turn the board filter on, select a feature to filter by, or type text into the filter search field, and click Highlight or Show Only at the top of the filter options.
Choosing Highlight will display a filtered version of the board in which cards that you are not filtering for will be dimmed.
Choosing Show Only will display a filtered version of the board in which cards that you are not filtering for will be hidden entirely from the board.
When the board filter is on, the Filter icon on the top bar will turn blue, indicating that you are viewing a filtered version of the board. The Filter icon will remain blue even after you close the filter tab, letting you know that a filter is still being applied to the board.
To turn off the board filter, select Off from the filter selector, and the Filter icon should return to its normal state.
With the filter on, you can choose to Highlight or Show Only cards that meet a specified criteria by either, which will dim or hide all other cards that do not meet the criteria. Specify your desired filter criteria by ensuring its checkmark is highlighted on the category of filter you would like to select. All cards that do not meet the filter criteria will be dimmed or hidden, depending on your previous selection.
Note: When you access a board via a connected parent card LeanKit automatically filters out all cards not associated with the parent card. To remove the filter, simply turn the filter off.
Select the activity level of cards by which to filter. Using the dropdown beneath Cards you can select to filter for cards:
- without activity
- with activity
- without lane changes
- with lane changes
And you can specify the number of days of activity or inactivity to filter by (0 by default) by typing a number of days in the field below the dropdown.
Filter cards assigned to one or more users by checking the box next to the user(s) you would like to filter.
Select whether to filter by blocked cards, unblocked cards, or both.
Select the card type or types by which to filter.
Dates - Range
Filter all cards that fit within a specific start-date and end-date timeframe. Simply click within the fields to type or select a set of dates by which to filter.
Dates - Relative
Select the parent card or cards by which to filter. Select the Visualize Connections checkbox and arrows will appear to display the parent connection.
Select the priority or priorities of cards by which to filter.
To filter based on card tags, type the desired tag or tags in the field and specify whether you want to sort either “or” or “and.”
"Or" lists any possible match to any tag specified; "and" only returns cards that match all tags specified.
To exclude cards with a certain tag, type an exclamation point (!) or a dash (-) followed by the tag name. For instance, to exclude cards with the tag "planning", enter -planning or !planning.
Creating a Saved Filter
Use Saved Filters to help you quickly view the board in ways that are most useful to you. Saved Filters are board-specific and are not seen by other users.
- Click the Board Filter icon to open the board filter panel. Previously saved filters can be found under the Saved Filters dropdown menu.
- Start creating a new a filter by clicking Clear All to remove any existing filters.
- Use the selection criteria to define a filter that you would like to save. Be sure that you have selected either Highlight or Show Only as the Filter Mode.
- After selecting the filter options, click the Saved Filters menu and select Save As.
- Enter a Filter Name, and then click Save.
If your filter does not appear to be active, be sure that the Filter Mode is set to either Highlight or Show Only.
Updating a Saved Filter
- Select your filter from the Saved Filters dropdown menu, and make the filter selection criteria as needed. As you do this, your Saved Filter's title changes to italics. This is to inform you that the criteria currently selected does not match an existing saved filter.
- Click the Saved Filters menu, and then click Save to update your previously saved filter with the current selected filter criteria. Your saved filter has now been updated, and will be listed in the dropdown menu for future use.
Sharing Saved Filters
When creating a filter, you have the ability to share a saved filter with all board users.
1. Use the Share with all board users checkbox when you create a new filter.
2. Click Save.
As a second option to share an existing saved filter, access the Rename and Sharing menu.
1. Select your existing filter from the Saved Filters dropdown menu.
2. Click Rename and Sharing.
3. Select Share with all board users checkbox.
4. Click Save.
5. Click the Saved Filters dropdown menu to access your Shared Filters.