The Changepoint Analytics Data Platform was released for Early Adopter customers on December 7, 2020. In this article we answer some frequently asked questions to help you get the Changepoint Analytics Data Platform working for your enterprise.
What is the Changepoint Data Platform?
Changepoint Data Platform is a new data source built on Snowflake, that takes your current PPM data and reorganizes it so reports run much faster.
What are the benefits of Changepoint Analytics Data Platform?
- Speed: Reports run up to ten times faster with a data model streamlined for reporting.
- Ease: Since the data is streamlined and joins are pre-built, reports are easier to create.
- Availablility: Because the Data Platform based in the cloud, your data is available anywhere using any analytics tool.
- Compatibility: Users can connect to it with other BI tools like Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik, and Spotfire.
- Extensible: Embedded Cognos 11 can be attached to the Data Warehouse and Daptiv database.
What data is included in the Data Platform?
This first iteration of the Data Platform includes data items for Workspace and Dynamic Application information.
How can I connect to the Data Platform in Changepoint PPM?
Once you have access to the Data Platform, you will see it in Changepoint PPM Analytics when you select a source while creating a report or dashboard.
What are the available Data Platform Connection Types?
- Data Warehouse Native/ In-Skin Connection
- 3rd Party BI (PPM Analytics Connect)
- Customer Snowflake DW (PPM Analytics Connect)
- PPM data can be accessed directly from their Snowflake data warehouse without maintaining a PPM Connect integration
How do I use the Data Platform with an existing report?
To change your report's data source to the Changepoint Data Platform:
- Open the report for editing in Changepoint Analytics.
- Go to the Insertable objects pane on the left.
- Select your current data source and right click to see options.
- Select Replace package.
- Click OK in the confirmation dialog.
- In the file selection dialog that appears, select the data source that ends with ”_DW” and click Open.
Your report is now connected with the Changepoint Data Platform. Currently, you cannot have more than one data source connected to a report. If your report includes query items that were part of the current data model but not in the Changepoint Data Model, those items will not work in your report.
How to move an existing dashboard to the Data Platform?
To connect an existing dashboard to the Data Platform:
- Open the dashboard for editing in Changepoint Analytics.
- Go to Sources pane on the left.
- Click on back button next to the name of the data source.
- Under Selected Sources, click on Options menu (...) next to the data source name and select Relink.
- In Replace data set with…, select the data source with _DW suffix and click Use. All the visualizations in dashboard will show the following error: “Some data set items used in visualization are unavailable.”
- Select the visualization you want to fix and open the Fields pane.
- Replace the missing fields with the same fields from Data Platform data source.
How to save a report or dashboard built on the Data Platform?
To save a report or dashboard in the Team content folder of the Report tab:
- Click on the Save button on the top ribbon.
- In the Save As dialog, click on Team content.
- Select current data model as the data source (the source without “_DW”).
- Click Save.
To save a report in My content folder:
- Click on Save button on the top ribbon.
- In the Save As dialog, click on My content.
- Click Save.