We’re releasing a new version of Changepoint Analytics next Friday, October 2, 2020. Version 11.1.7 brings a number of enhancements to Dashboards and reports.
New custom visualizations
This release makes the following visualizations available in Dashboards:
New visualization tools
Version 11.1.7 also adds new tools to make building visualizations for your Dashboards easier:
- Drop zones on visualizations: Instead of using the fields menu on right-hand side, you can build visualizations by dropping data fields into drop zones on visualizations.
- Fields pane in toolbar: The toolbar gets a new pane where you can set your chart data by directly typing data items into the fields.
- Smart auto tiles: These are added automatically when you create a visualization.
- Improved conditional formatting: New options for text color, fill color and indicator icon.
- Dashboard templates: You can now make templates that are available for your team to use when they create a dashboard. The template retains all of your position, formatting, color palette, and other design elements. However, templates not attached to a data source.
- Enhanced Filters:You can create model filters as they would calculations, which can be applied to individual visualizations or the full dashboard if inserted into the filter shelf. The filters reside in the metadata tree so that it can be reused wherever needed.
Export visualization data to CSV
With this version, Dashboard authors can export the data to Excel by clicking on the breadcrumbs (…) in data tray.
Report visualization improvements
In addition to the new visualizations in Dashboards, Changepoint Analytics 11.1.7 also improves visualizations in Reports in the following ways:
- Baselines in visualizations: You can now add baselines to visualizations like Area (river/smooth/step), Boxplot, Bubble, Scatter, Radar, and Waterfall.
- Combination chart (Line and Bar)
- Waterfall chart with subcategories:Waterfall charts can be used to display cumulative effect of a series of positive or negative values. You can now use sub-categories in addition to display how values are aggregated at different levels.
- Multiple measures in more visualizations:The ability to add multiple measures was added to Area, Boxplot, Hierarchical packed bubble, Packed bubble, Point, Scatter, Combination chart, Line, Pie, Radar, Tree map, Waterfall, and Word Cloud charts.