Summer 2022 (September 11, 2022)
This release includes new features that are available to all customers, as well as features in Controlled Availability, and bug fixes.
For features in Controlled Availability, customers with a sandbox environment and other eligibility criteria can contact their Customer Success Managers to request early access and get more information.
Date Effective Cost and Billing Rates for Forecasts – Actual Cost and Revenue calculations have been able to utilize date driven Cost and Billing rate changes within a single Work Item for quite some time. Customers now have the same capability for Forecast Cost and Revenue calculations (previously only a single rate per Work Item could be applied).
Combining Labor Time-Phased Data and Staffing Request Time-Phased Data in Reports – We have introduced a new reporting entity called “Staff Time-Phased Data”. This combines Labor Time-Phased Data with Staffing Request Time-Phased Data, so that users can retrieve user assignment information and requested assignment information in a single report.
Release Management (Migrate & Deploy) – The Migrate & Deploy* tool provides the ability for administrators to compare configurations of two AdaptiveWork instances (for example, Clone<>Sandbox or Sandbox <> Production) and migrate selected configurations. Migrate & Deploy supports the SDLC process and is helpful with change management operations.
* Migrate & Deploy is a purchasable Add-on. Please contact your CSM or AE for details.
|Permissions||Restricted Field Sets – Provides enhanced capabilities for controlling user access to field data.|
New Key Performance Indicator (KPI) fields for Goal Management – New performance fields have been added to Objectives and Targets, which allows aggregate Target performance to be reflected in associated Objectives, and supports more uses cases around Goal Management with less set up required.
Google Drive Integration – New capability to define the document type of newly created Google Docs by using customization functionality.
Counter fields for Portfolios – To give more visibility to the Portfolio manager and to the points of interest, two standard fields were created:
Locking Monthly Data
We are introducing a new capability to lock monthly project data to prevent changes to items such as Timesheets, Non-Labor Resources, Resource Assignments, and Cost and Billing Rates. Previously stated costs and revenues remain unchanged and more accurate forecasts can be produced.
For details, see https://success.planview.com/Planview_Clarizen/Financial_Planning/Locking_Monthly_Data.
Changes to Using Capacity Time-Phased Data in Reports
We are introducing new behavior when Capacity Time Phased Data is used in reports. This change will be introduced for all customers in our next quarterly release, but it is now available by request for customers with sandbox environments. To enable this new behaviour, please contact your customer success representative.
The main changes are:
- Filters using Labor or Staff Time Phased Data fields will no longer filter out resources shown in the report. Only the Labor or Staff Time Phased Data included in the report will be affected.
- Resource Capacity in time periods where resources are not assigned to work items will no longer be excluded from the report.
- Advanced logic filters will only support definitions for fields from Labor or Staff Time Phased Data. Filters on User, Group or Capacity fields will be applied to the Advanced logic filter using the "and" operator. Any attempt to use the fields in the Advanced logic will be prevented.
For details, see Using Capacity Time-Phased Data in Reports.
- All new reports that include Capacity Time Phased Data will behave as described above.
- Reports that do not include Capacity Time Phased Data will not be affected.
- Existing reports that were created before these changes will not be affected and will continue to run and behave as before.
- Existing reports can be converted to the new behavior by editing and then saving the report.
- If you edit a report that will be affected by the new behavior, a message will be displayed to advise you of the changes.
To retain the previous behavior for a report, you must not save any changes. Use the “Save As” option to leave the original as it is. The new behavior will then apply to the new report only.
Online Chat Deprecation
As of April 1, 2023 the online chat will no longer be available and the 2 buttons associated with it will be removed from the user interface (see image).
With Microsoft Teams and Slack being the de facto standard tools for online team communications, the decision has been taken to invest in product integrations with Microsoft Teams and Slack, and sunset the legacy chat component, which is not being used.
Manually set action
To improve usability, avoid unnecessary calculations, and achieve consistency with all field types and the different editor modes on how "Manually Set" is defined, we are modifying how fields are manually set.
We are adding a "Set" option to all Editor Modes so that users can set a value in a field as "Manually Set."
Concurrent API calls limit. The maximum allowed number of concurrent requests being processed is 25. Requests over the 25 processed will be rejected with a response 409. For more information about API Governance, see REST API Guide Version 2.
The process monitor feature will be re-enabled on September 4, 2022.