This feature is in Beta / Controlled Availability. To request early access, contact your Customer Success Manager. Planview, at its own discretion, reserve the right to accept or reject a customer request to enable a feature that is in Beta / Controlled Availability (i.e. “Beta software”) state. If a customer’s request is approved, an addendum to the Planview agreement will be required prior to the enablement of the feature in the customer environment, to address legal terms related to the use of Beta software.
In order to use Group Job Titles, the “Enable Placeholder Resources” system setting must be set to ON.
Group Job Titles (formerly called Job Titles in Groups or JTIGs) are Job Titles that are members of a User Group. They have two functions:
- Placeholder resources used in place of User Resources when planning Work and the named resources are not yet known. See here for more information on Placeholder resources.
- Rate Holders used to determine Cost and Billing rates for both User and Placeholder resources. See here for more information on managing Group Job Title rates.
Adding a Group Job Title
- On creation, Group Job Titles initially take on the cost & billing rates associated with the Job Title. If Job Title rates are not specified, the Organization rates are used.
- Job Titles added to Groups do not have an impact on group capacity
- Once created, it is currently not possible to delete a Group Job Title from a Group
You can create a Group Job Title in the following ways:
- Adding a Job Title as a member of a User Group
- Adding a User Group as a member of a Job Title
- Adding a previously unused Job Title Placeholder as a resource on a Work Item (Project, Milestone or Task)
- As an Administrator, via Workflow Rules or Custom Actions using the “New Item” action
Adding a Job Title as a member of a User Group
- Select a User Group and click to add related Group Members either from the Add Related toolbar/button, or the Add button on the Group Members panel.
- In the Show field on the Add Group Members dialog, select Job Title.
- In the Available list, select the job titles and then click the double right arrow to add them to the group.
- Click Save.
Adding a User Group as a Member of a Job Title
- Select a Job Title and then click add related Job Title Members, either from the Add Related toolbar/button, or the Add button on the Job Title Members panel.
- In the Show field on the Add Job Title Members dialog, select Group.
- In the Available list, select the user groups and then click the double right arrow to add them to the Job Title.
- Click Save.
Adding an Unused Job Title Placeholder as a Resource on a Work Item (Project, Milestone or Task)
For more information, see Placeholder Resources.
Using the New Item action on Workflow Rules or Custom Actions (Administrator)