This feature is in Beta / Controlled Availability. To request early access, contact your Customer Success Manager. Planview, at its own discretion, reserve the right to accept or reject a customer request to enable a feature that is in Beta / Controlled Availability (i.e. “Beta software”) state. If a customer’s request is approved, an addendum to the Planview agreement will be required prior to the enablement of the feature in the customer environment, to address legal terms related to the use of Beta software.
Today, Capacity calculation is critical to understand the assignment of work for Resource Managers. When Capacity calculation is not accurate based on the User’s availability, decisions on resource assignment may be affected. AdaptiveWork now supports out of the box scenarios when the User is temporarily suspended, deleted and subsequently active. When enabled, you can define User capacity periods based on specific Effective From and Effective To dates instead of Capacity based on User State history.
Capacity Management allows you to adjust user capacity and take account of onboarding or off boarding periods, managing seasonal or contract users, or simply adjusting the accuracy of when users become Active or Inactive.
- Capacity management is available in Resource Load, Resource Planning, Capacity Planning, and Resource Utilization.
- Capacity management is available via reports.
- Change History events is added when Capacity records are added, deleted, or updated.
The Capacity Management functionality is automatically updated in the following scenarios:
- When inviting Users
- When enabling Users after suspension and the previous Capacity record has a Capacity End prior to enabled date
- When restoring Users after deletion and the previous Capacity record has a Capacity End prior to restoring date
- When deleting or suspending Users and the previous Capacity record DOES NOT HAVE a defined Capacity End
To learn more about Capacity Management: