Priority Boards display a list of demands that you can compare and prioritize based on scoring criteria. The rows in the Priority boards are the demands and the columns are the metrics. The weighted scores for each demand item are automatically calculated based on the metrics that you define in the scoring criteria.
Each metric has a rating. Typical ratings range from 1 to 5 or 1 to 10, but you can use whatever range is suitable for your purposes.
The score for each item is calculated by adding the products of the rating and the weight for each metric.
By default, new Priority Boards include columns for Lifecycle state, Associated Strategies, and an empty Score column. In order to set scores, you must define the scoring criteria for the board by using existing field sets. You can add more columns by adding scoring criteria, which are field sets that contain the fields to be specified as scoring criteria.
Your system administrator can create additional field sets for scoring criteria if required.
Creating a Priority Board
- Click (to the left of your user name) Add > Insight > Priority Board.
- In the Priority Board dialog, enter the name and description for the board, and then click Create. The priority board view is displayed.
Adding scoring criteria to a Priority Board
- Click the configuration icon in the top right corner of the view.
- In the Priority Board Configuration dialog, click the Scoring Criteria tab.
- In the search field, click the search icon and then do one of the following:
- select the field set from the list
- enter search text to reduce the number of options and then select the field set from the list
- In the field set card, specify whether the field set has a positive or negative impact on the score.
- For each field in the card, replace the word "Weight" with the weighting value of the field. The weight should be based on the importance that you give to the metric when it is prioritized. The field values are multiplied by the weighting value to determine the score.
- Add more field sets as required.
- When you are finished, click Save.