If you need to export a list of Demands in your tenant, you can create a summary view with the fields you need. In this article, we create a table of Demands we can export to CSV. With the exported CSV, you can make changes to the Demand fields and import those changes back into Changepoint EAM.
To create an exportable table of Demands:
- Open the Insight Browse page for Demands. You can accomplish this in multiple ways:
- Click on the entity catalog on the EAM main page.
- Open the main navigation menu in the upper-left corner and select an entity catalog.
- Click the Insight button in the upper-left hand corner of any individual entity page.
- Click the Summary button in the upper right corner.
- Click the Demand Summary dropdown and select Create new Demand Summary View. This opens the Layout Editor.
- Fill in the Name field at the top of the screen to name your new Summary View. This field is required.
- Use the hamburger menu to select a full-width for the section layout.
- Click Add Widget. This opens a configuration editor that lists all available charts and tables.
- Select Table. The widget is pre-set with half a dozen columns for common fields.
- If necessary, remove the columns or re-order them by dragging.
- If necessary, select additional columns for your table in the Add a New Column section at the bottom of the screen.
- Select group of fields from the left-hand dropdown. This will change the fields available in the right-hand column. By default, the left-hand dropdown is set to All Columns.
- Select the field in the right-hand dropdown that you want to add as a column to the table.
Note: There is a bug that occasionally compresses the right-hand column and renders it unusable. To correct this error, select another group in the left-hand dropdown and then return to the group you were viewing. This forces the right-hand dropdown to resize itself.
- Click Accept Changes in the bottom right. You’ll see a temporary Summary View.
- Click Save Layout in the lower right.
Once you’ve saved your summary view, you will see a confirmation pop-up at the top of the page. At this point, you can export the full table to CSV, JSON, or XML using buttons at the bottom right of the page. To return to your Summary View later, you will need to select it from the Demand Summary list. Custom summary views cannot be saved as the default view.