In a bubble chart, you configure the position of bubbles on the x-axis and y-axis based on the values of a scorecard or a custom field for an entity type. The size of the bubbles is determined by the results of a scorecard only. You then add the entity records to be included in the bubble chart.
To create a bubble chart:
- Create the bubble chart record (Add > Insight > Bubble chart).
- Enter a name and description, and then click Create. The bubble chart appears.
- Click Configure.
- In the Entity Type field, select the entity type.
- In the X-axis field and Y-axis field:
- Select Scorecard or Custom field.
- Select the scorecard or custom field whose values determine the position of the bubbles on the axis.
- Select the chart display option:
- Fixed scale – scale starts at the minimum possible value and ends at the maximum possible value of the scorecard or custom field
- Zoom to fit – scale starts at the minimum values and ends at the maximum values of the actual data in the chart; that is, the value from the scorecard or custom field.
- Custom range – scale starts and ends at the user-specified values and therefore displays only the data that falls within the selected range
- In the Bubble Size field, select the scorecard whose values determine the size of the bubbles.
- To add the entity records:
- Click Add Entity.
- Start entering the entity name and then select the entity record from the results that appear.
- To exit the bubble chart or view its entities, click View Entities in the top right corner of the bubble chart.
To remove entity records from the bubble chart:
- Click View entities.
- Scroll to the related entity section.
- Click the edit icon beside the entity record that you want to remove. The Association Editor appears.
- Clear the Includes check box for the association.
- Click Save edits.