Summary Views are custom views that aggregate data about the entities in a catalog. Users create and customize their summary views by selecting widgets and arranging them in the layout editor. Summary views are useful for gaining insights about the data in an entity catalog or exporting data from the catalog.
To create a summary view:
- Open the Insight Browse page for the entity catalog. There are multiple ways to do this.
- Click on the entity catalog on the EAM main page.
- Open the main navigation menu in the upper-left corner and select an entity catalog.
- Click the Insight button in the upper-left hand corner of any individual entity page.
- Click the Summary button in the upper right corner.
- Open the (X) Summary dropdown menu on the left and select Create new (X) Summary View.. In EAM, the (X) will be replaced with the entity type, i.e. Demand. This opens the Layout Editor.
- In the Layout Editor, enter a name into the Name This field is required.
- Use the hamburger menu in the upper-left to select a layout.
- Click Add Widget. This opens a configuration dialog that lists all available charts and tables.
- Select a widget and use the fields and options to configure it. Click Accept Changes to save your configuration.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8 for each widget in your layout.
- You can click Add Section to add new sections and additional widgets to the summary view.
- Click Save Layout in the lower right corner.
Once you’ve saved your summary view, you will see a confirmation pop-up at the top of the page. To return to your Summary View later, select it from the Summary dropdown. Summary Views cannot be saved as the default view for an entity catalog.