A collection is an insight item that you use to group entities that might not be related according to the associations in your enterprise map. You can use the Type field to differentiate between different kinds of collections. For example, you can use a custom collection type called "Recovery Plans" to create collections to which you add the systems, technologies, companies, people, and so on that are related to the specified recovery plan.
To create a collection:
- Click Add > Insight > Collection.
- Enter a name and description.
- Select a type.
- Click Create. The collection view appears.
- To add entities to the collection:
- Click Add Entity. An empty field appears.
- In the field, start typing the entity name.
- Select the entity from the search results.
To create a custom collection type, you add a type to the Type option list for collections.
To create a custom collection type:
In the main menu, click Administer > Option Lists. The Option Lists view appears.
- In the Entity Type list, select Collection.
- Select the Type option list. The Type view appears
- In the Type new option to add field, enter the name of the new collection type.
- Click Add.
- Click Save.