When you first create a roadmap, you are automatically designated as the owner and the roadmap is private, which means only you and Planview Roadmap administrators can view it.
As the roadmap owner, you can:
- view and edit all roadmap data
- share the roadmap with other users by giving them Viewer or Editor access
- transfer ownership to another user, after which you will automatically be removed as the owner and given Editor access to the roadmap
- delete the roadmap
- Roadmap owners have complete view and edit access to their own roadmaps. Planview Roadmap administrators can do everything roadmap owners can do to all roadmaps.
- To view an item in a roadmap that was imported from another Planview product, users require at least view access to the item in the source product.
- To access the Planview Roadmaps for Enterprise functionality, users require the Enterprise subscription type. For more information about Planview Roadmaps for Enterprise, see Roadmaps for Enterprise – Getting Started Guide].
- All users can view dependencies in roadmaps that have been shared with them by a user with an Enterprise subscription type.
Viewers can change the options that affect how the roadmap data is displayed:
- view roadmap items and milestones
- change color by and group by settings
- view date difference information
- change the timescale
- export the roadmap
Editors can change the view options as well as the data in the roadmap:
- edit, create, and delete items, milestones, and item attributes
- change configuration settings
- delete items, milestones, and item attributes