Setting up Planview Roadmaps includes the following steps, all of which must be performed in Planview Admin by an administrator.:
- Adding the Planview Roadmaps product environment to Planview Admin.
- Adding users to the Planview Roadmaps product.
- Assigning Planview Roadmap roles and subscriptions to users.
Adding a Planview Roadmaps environment to Planview Admin
For information on how to do this, see Managing Products.
You can add one production environment and one sandbox environment for Planview Roadmaps. The Roadmaps sandbox environment will connect to the primary sandbox of AgilePlace and Portfolios.
Adding an individual user to Planview Roadmaps
When you add users to Planview Roadmaps, they are assigned the User product role and Teams subscription type by default, but you can change these settings either when creating the user or at a later time.
There are two Roadmaps product roles:
- User – can create roadmaps and share roadmaps with other Planview Roadmap users, and can view roadmaps that have been shared with them
- Admin – can access and manage all roadmaps, including sharing, transferring ownership, and deleting roadmaps
The subscription type determines the level of access:
- Teams – access to Roadmaps for Teams
- Enterprise – access to Roadmaps for Enterprise
You are limited to assigning subscription types up to the number of entitlements allocated.
- Add the user to Planview Admin. For more information, see Managing Users.
- In Planview Admin, click Users.
- In the Users screen, locate the user, and then click > Edit user. The Edit user dialog appears.
- In the Product environments section, select the check box for the relevant Planview Roadmaps environment (production or sandbox).
- To edit the Subscription type or Product role, select the desired option from the list.
- Click Save.
Adding multiple users to Planview Roadmaps
You can give multiple users access to Planview Roadmaps at the same time, provided that the users have already been added to one of the Planview product environments in the same Planview Admin instance.
For more information, see Adding existing users to a product environment.
Editing the product roles and subscription types for multiple users
You can edit the product roles and subscription types for multiple users at the same time, provided that the users have already been added to one of the Planview product environments in the same Planview Admin instance.