Sign in to access this product help article.
Why Inactivate Line Attributes?
Inactivate line attributes of a financial-planning account if you don't want new lines with those attributes to be included in loads that occur after the attribute is made inactive.
Inactivate a Line's Attributes
Repeat the following procedure for each account line on which you want to inactivate attributes.
To inactivate a line's attributes:
On the relevant financial-planning model's row, click
> Configure Accounts.
On the relevant account line's row, select the check box in the Use Account column.
On the same row, set the Line Definition column's value to Required or Optional. For more information, see Setting an Account's Line Attributes.
If you made any changes in steps 5 or 6, click Save.
In the Line Attributes column on the same row, click .
In the Use Attribute column, select the check box of each attribute you want to inactivate.
In the Inactive column, select the appropriate check boxes.
- An inactive attribute won't be used for new lines in loads performed after you complete this procedure,
- Data that exists for an attribute prior to it becoming inactive is maintained and treated as valid.
- The order in which the Configure Line Attributes screen lists line attributes determines how line descriptions are listed on other screens. You rearrange attributes by clicking Move Up and Move Down as needed and then clicking Save.
- You can also use the Configure Line Attributes screen to set an account's line attributes and protect lines from being overwritten.
Click Save & Close.
Prerequisites (Why can't I inactivate line attributes?)
If you can't inactivate line attributes of a financial-planning account, ensure that the following prerequisites are met.
User Role Features
The following feature must be enabled on your user role.
Enabled Global or System Options
- You or another administrator have already completed the following tasks:
- Defined the Financial Planning Accounts structure
- Selected which line attributes financial planning can
- Added the financial-planning model on which you want to set line attributes or protect lines