Microsoft Outlook Add-In
The Microsoft Outlook Add-In provides end users with the ability to access Planview Portfolios report tile (FastTrack and custom SSRS reports) directly from Microsoft Outlook, using the Analytics Side Bar.
- Following installation of the Microsoft Outlook Add-In, users will see the PVE Analytics Add In in the Add-Ins menu in Outlook.
- The Add-In is configured to connect to the customer server, for example:
- The user must authenticate onto their Planview Portfolios server; the Analytics Side Bar will then display in Outlook.
- The Analytics Side Bar matches the user's Planview Portfolios menu options and will list all report tiles (for FastTrack and for custom SSRS Reports) that the user has set in their Planview Portfolios ribbon for each menu.
- Clicking a report tile name in the Analytics Side Bar will open a new window, and the report will execute and display.
- If the report includes user parameters, these will need to be set before the report executes.
- If the report is portfolio-based, a portfolio selection parameter is displayed where the user can switch between portfolios and execute the report again.