Sign in to access this product help article.
Why Protect Account Lines?
Protect specific account lines from being overwritten to prevent work or cost-center loads from updating those lines. This protection is based on line attribute values that you select.
Protect Account Lines of a Work or Cost-Center Financial-Planning Model
To protect account lines of a work or cost-center financial-planning model:
On the relevant model's row, click
> Configure Accounts.
In the Use Account column, select the check boxes of the lines you want to protect.
On each row relevant to a line you want to protect, set the Line Definition column's value to Required or Optional.
If you made any changes in steps 5 or 6, click Save.
In the Line Attributes column, click on the row relevant to the line you want to protect.
A list of attributes that you can use to protect the line is displayed on the Configure Line Attributes screen.
- The order in which the Configure Line Attributes screen lists line attributes determines how line descriptions are listed on other screens. You rearrange attributes by clicking Move Up and Move Down as needed and then clicking Save.
- You can also use the Configure Line Attributes screen to set an account's line attributes and inactivate line attributes of a financial-planning account..
For each attribute you want to base the line's protection on, repeat the following steps:
On the attribute's relevant row, select the check box in the Use Attribute column.
On the same row, click in the Protect Attribute Values column.
Click Add Value, and then use the Data Picker to select the appropriate values.
If you later decide you want to remove protection for a particular value, click
- Click Save & Close.
Prerequisites (Why can't I protect lines of a financial-planning account?)
If you can't protect lines of the accounts used for a wok or cost center financial-planning model, ensure that the following prerequisites are met.
User Role Features
The following feature must be enabled on your user role.
Enabled Global or System Options
- You or another administrator have already completed the following tasks:
- Defined the Financial Planning Accounts structure
- Selected which line attributes financial planning can
- Added the financial-planning model on which you want to set line attributes or protect lines
- The account lines are relevant to a work financial-planning model or a cost-center financial-planning model.