- Within the “work” portfolio of an organization there will typically be two types of work;
- Project work (as described in the Project Management Business Capability)
- On-going Maintenance/Support Work, sometimes referred to as Business as Usual (BAU) or “Keep the Lights On” (KLO)
- This capability block will ensure that there is a process in place to capture the demand for on-going work and to manage the resource commitments to this work.
- Governance processes for this type of work will be light.
- Non project work is identified and managed and resources assigned so that the impact of this routine support and maintenance type work on organizational capacity is understood.