What is Planview Admin?
Planview Admin is a product for both administrators and users that simplifies the access to and management of multiple Planview products. With Planview Admin, users can sign in to multiple Planview products with one account from a single location, providing an organization's users with a shared sign-in experience. For administrators, Planview Admin is also a self-service tool that centralizes many tasks for managing Planview products, connectors, and users (including authorization and authentication), freeing administrators from managing users in each Planview product separately and reducing the need to contact Customer Care to perform such tasks.
How Do I Get Planview Admin?
Before your users and administrators can start using Planview Admin, you must perform some configuration steps, such as adding Planview product environments, synchronizing users, and enabling Planview Admin SSO for each application.
- Planview Admin is free and currently supports Planview Portfolios, Planview AgilePlace, Planview PPM Pro, and Planview ProjectPlace.
- To add a Planview product environment to Planview Admin, you must also be an administrator in that product environment, and you must use the same email address to sign in to both.
- To use Planview Admin with Portfolios, you must have Portfolios Continuous Cloud release April 2022 or later.
To set up Planview Admin for the first time:
- Determine which one of your users will be your first Planview Admin administrator. This first administrator can add more administrators after Planview Admin is set up for their organization.
- Contact Planview Customer Care to request Planview Admin for your organization, including the email address for your first Planview Admin administrator.
- After Customer Care enables Planview Admin, sign in at https://id.planview.com with the first Planview Admin administrator account.
- Add a Planview product environment to Planview Admin as follows:
You can add multiple environments of a single Planview product, such as one production environment and multiple sandbox environments. For example, you could add one production AgilePlace environment, one sandbox AgilePlace environment, one production Portfolios environment, and three sandbox Portfoilios environments.
- Make sure you are signed in to both Planview Admin and the Planview product you want to add with the same email address.
- In Planview Admin, click the Products menu.
- On the Products screen, click Add Product for the Planview product for which you want to add an product environment.
- On the Add Product Instance to Planview Admin screen, enter the URL for the Planview product environment you are adding.
On the screen that appears, enter you Planview product login to confirm that you are an administrator.
Planview Admin automatically imports the users for the product environment and adds the tile for the product in the Our Products section.
Repeat steps 4a to 4f for each product environment you want to add.
For each product environment you add, audit the imported user list and reconcile any unmapped users as follows:
Because Planview Admin uses a user’s email address to control access across products, if a user signs in with different email addresses in different Planview applications, those email addresses must be mapped manually before the user can sign in to all available Planview products using SSO. You should reconcile user mapping issues before enabling SSO.
On the Products screen, on the product environment's product tile, click Manage Product or > Manage Product.
If the badge number in the Unmapped Users tab is greater than 0, click the tab. If the badge number is 0, you have no unmapped users to reconcile and can skip to step 6.
For each user that you want to map, click > Map To, then perform one of the following steps:
To map the user to an email address not currently used in Planview Admin, click New Planview account. Click Map. On the Map User screen, enter the name and email address for the user you want to map to. Then click Map.
- To map the user to an existing email address used in Planview Admin, select the user you want from the list below the search box. Then click Map.
If you know you do not want to map a user, you can click > Ignore and move them to the Show ignored users list.
If your organization already has an SSO provider, configure your provider to work with Planview Admin.