Sign in to access this product help article.
Why Set an Account's Line Attributes?
Set line attributes of a financial-planning model's accounts to help classify the model's financial data by alternate structures.
Set an Account's Line Attributes
To set an account's line attributes:
On the appropriate row, click
> Configure Accounts.
In the Use Account column, select the account's check box.
ClickDouble-click the column.
Click Required or Optional to designate whether you want to require users to define the line in a financial plan.
In the Line Attributes column, click on the row relevant to the account
The line attributes listed on the Configure Line Attributes screen depend on the type of financial-planning model for which you are configuring accounts. For additional business rules, see this article's Dig Deeper section.
- The order in which the Configure Line Attributes screen lists line attributes determines how line descriptions are listed on other screens. You rearrange attributes by clicking Move Up and Move Down as needed and then clicking Save.
- You can also use the Configure Line Attributes screen to protect lines from being overwritten and inactivate line attributes of a financial-planning account.
In the Use Attribute column, select the check box of each line attribute you want the account configuration to include.
For a Depreciation Account (of type Amortized Cost), the selected attributes must be a subset of the attributes of the Capital Account associated with that type of Depreciation Account.
In the Entry Required column, select the check box of each attribute for which you want financial planning to require data to be entered.
- Click Save & Close.
For a cost-center financial-planning model's Labor account, the following check boxes are automatically selected on the Configure Line Attributes screen. You can't change this:
The Use Attribute check box for attributes relevant to cost-center financial planning
The Entry Required check box on the row relevant to the Cost center Availability Type attribute
The Expenditure Type structure can be selected on all financial-planning models. Depending on the type of financial-planning model, you can also select alternate structures as discussed in the following table:
You Can Also Select Alternate Structures Against…
Work financial-planning models
- $Plan for non-labor accounts
- $Res and $Plan for labor accounts
Shared alternate structures are considered $Res for the work load. The Work labor account can be split based on up to 20 attributes. The system counts inactive and active attributes.
Shared alternate structures are considered $Res for the work load. The Work labor account can be split based on no more than eight attributes (three work attributes and five resource attributes). The system counts inactive and active attributes.
Strategy financial-planning models
$Strategy, $Res, and $Plan
Outcome financial-planning models
$Res, $Plan, and $Product
Cost center financial-planning models
Prerequisites (Why can't I set an account's line attributes?)
If you can't set a financial-planning account's line attributes, ensure that the following prerequisites are met.
User Role Features
The following feature must be enabled on your user role.
Enabled Global or System Options
- You or another administrator have already completed the following tasks:
- Defined the Financial Planning Accounts structure
- Selected which line attributes financial planning can
- Added the financial-planning model on which you want to set line attributes or protect lines