|Environment||Has SSRS Capability||User Management system of record|
|New Customer On-Prem CTM Only||No||CTM|
|New Customer E1 Hosted||Yes||PRM|
|Upgrade from CTM on-prem to CTM on-prem||No||CTM|
|Upgrade from CTM on-prem to E1 hosted||Yes||PRM|
|Upgrade from CTM-only hosted to CTM-only hosted (IS THIS A THING?)||No||CTM|
|Upgrade from E1 converged to E1 converged||Yes||PRM|
- How would a user/admin/report builder know if they are hosted E1 or not? URL says PVCLOUD?
- Will existing CTM 15 & 16 customers have any issues continuing to use SSRS?
- What happens to existing SSRS tiles/reports for current customers using SSRS that migrate to an environment that cannot use SSRS?
Install Guide Changes
- Setting up SQL Server will be removed since SSRS is hosted only
- Deploying custom Troux authentication module will be removed
- SSRS configuration settings will be moved to CSC-only.
- These changes effectively remove the SSRS chapter from the Install Guide
- Explain changes to SSRS capability and link to FAQ if we have one
SSRS Help Changes
- Old privileges are swapped out for PRM features
- Login to report server uses PRM auth code as password
- Login cert wherever mentioned is E1 Session Cookie ID *not* oauth ID
- Folder structure changes
- Verbiage to indicate SSRS capability is not availble to CTM-only environments (How can they tell?)
User Management help changes
- In user management topics, note that users are managed in PRM for converged E1 environments and link to PRM user management help articles
- Retain all the normal user management help for CTM-ony deployments
- Note that assigning users to Troux Groups for authorization purposes is still required