The Opportunity Planning capability’s enablers include Pipeline and Backlog Management, Quote and Statement of Work (SOW) Management, and Contract Management. Each capability within the Planview Capability Framework has a distinct set of features and functionality, business processes, best practices, and analytics and reports that deliver value to customers in the form of specific business outcomes.
Enablers and Business Outcomes
Pipeline and Backlog Management
Supports the creation of new engagements out of opportunities by creating visibility into the pipeline. Resulting business outcomes include:
- We can have visibility into the pipeline to better manage future staffing needs.
- We can more efficiently transfer knowledge for new engagements.
- We can align what was delivered with what was sold.
Quote and Statement of Work (SOW) Management
Supports streamlining quotes and SOWs when creating new engagments. Resulting business outcomes include:
- We can efficiently create quotes and SOWs based on repeatable practices.
- We can streamline the distribution and approval process to speed up time to value.
Supports the accurate capturing of billing agreements when creating new engagements. Resulting business outcomes include:
- We can capture contract agreements so project managers can focus on delivering value.
- We can ensure accurate billing and financial results.