We are continually enhancing the Planview Customer Success Center. Please come back here to see some of the changes we have recently made:
Customer Success Center
Welcome to Planview® Enterprise One, the best way to manage work and resources. Learn more about Planview Enterprise One in Planview Products Central. Get help and detailed information about Planview Enterprise One here.
Introducing the New FastTrack Analytics! The RPM Analytics have been rebranded to the FastTrack Analytics and with this change comes a whole host of new features and enhancements.
The New FastTrack Analytics were released October 27th and we invite customers to upgrade at their convenience - This version of the FastTrack Analytics can be deployed for any MS SQL database customer using Planview Enterprise 13 onwards. Refer to the Release Notes for full details of the enhancements and changes in this release.
Planview Enterprise content in the Planview Training Academy has been reorganized. Where applicable, there are now two courses for various topics. "Getting Started" courses consist mainly of e-learning and training pages and are introductory. "Mastering" courses contain product help and other more in-depth information for those who want to explore a topic in greater detail.
We have added a number of free, localized e-learning modules.
We have added a quick way to access Customer Care product support for all our products with the Support link on the footer of every page.
We have launched the Planview Training Academy! The Training Academy is the best place to teach yourself about the most popular subject areas for all of our products. It combines curated blended media types including e-learning, product help articles, exercises, assessment, job aids, and other helpful resources to support self-paced learning. The gorgeous user interface streamlines the experience of learning about Planview products.
We have added a new section for webinars showcasing our customers' success using our products.
Planview Products Central has been completely updated, including information and videos about Planview Enterprise 14, Troux 14, Innotas, and Projectplace.
Planview Enterprise One
We have added several new e-learning videos, as well as product help content for our ongoing monthly releases.
- Timesheet Entry
- Internal Rates and Effective Dating
- Creating a Report
We have added a summary of the new and improved feature in Innotas in the first half of 2017, including a series of videos.
We have launched the Innotas Success Center! The Innotas Success Center contains all of the existing product help, as well as new training videos, and will soon include a new forum platform. When you are using Innotas, click the help icon from any screen to be directed to the related success center article.
Check out the new training videos! We have the following videos available now:
- Application Overview
- Navigating the Innotas Header
- Navigating the Grid and Entity Details
- Using Filters
- Creating Filters
Visit the Release Information section for updates on the latest product releases.
We have added a collection of Job Aids. Job Aids are downloadable handout templates that can be printed out or saved for reference on common tasks performed in Planview Enterprise. Use them as they are or modify them for your organization.
We have updated our Technical Notes for version 14.
We have updated all the product help pages for version 14.
We have added a new best practice:
We have added an article on the rules for determining when a timesheet is overdue.
We have added some new best practices:
- Viewing Financial Version Baselines together with Project Baselines
- The Integrated Work Financial Plan: In Depth
We have added some new e-learning videos:
We have added an article on the rules for which work items are retained and which are not carried forward from timesheet to timesheet.
RPM Analytics v2.3.1 has been released. This version includes fixes for issues and bugs. Refer to the RPM Analytics Version 2.3.1 Release Notes for full details of what is included.
Our written training content, found under the "How-to" tabs for each Planview Enterprise Capability, is updated with Planview Enterprise 13 content and screenshots. There are new labeled informational graphics under many topics. New to the collection is a section on the Configuration Migration Tool.
RPM Analytics v2.3.0 is released. This version includes support for Planview Enterprise 13 and the new RPM Dashboards for Planview Enterprise 13. Refer to the RPM Analytics Version 2.3 Release Notes for full details.
Interested in moving to Planview Enterprise 13? A new topic area has been launched that provides information to support customers in Migrating to a New Version of Planview Enterprise. It contains detailed information about the migration process and recommendations for ensuring an effective and smooth migration.
There is a new topic area are in the Customer Success Center that documents the recommended Operational Administration Processes for Planview Enterprise. The material is in the form of an interactive matrix showing the recommended frequency/cadence of the different types of administrative processes and jobs. Click on each box to view detailed information, including the recommended sequencing of jobs in job streams. This material is especially topical with a year end looming, when there is a whole batch of annual administrative changes that need to be made to the system.
The Customer Success Center is pleased to announce the first in a series of Concept videos!
- Progressing Series 1 - Tracking Your Progress
- Progressing Series 2 - Progressing Options
- Progressing Series 3 - The Progressing Engine
E-learning also presents Strategy Roadmap e-learning, another financial planning video, and an updated video on sharing portfolio access.
Planview Enterprise 13 is here! Articles throughout the Customer Success Center have been updated for Planview Enterprise 13 features. Check out the What's New page and the Planview Enterprise 13 Release Notes for a detailed breakdown of new features and changes, with links to the relevant help articles and videos.
You can also see what is new in all our products at the updated Planview Products Central.
RPM Analytics v2.2.6 has been released. This includes bug fixes and all customers are recommended to update to this version.
We have changed the Planview Enterprise language selector icon so it only appears when you are in the Planview Enterprise product help area, which is the only part of the site to which the language selector applies. Just as before, the product help content is localized and the content language changes when you use the language selector.
We changed the default search behavior to search within a product area by default. For example if you are already somewhere within the Planview Enterprise area of the site and search for something, it will now search only within Planview Enterprise. You can still expand your search to include all of Planview's product lines by clicking the "All results" link beneath the search box. This change should reduce a click for most users, and applies to all product lines.
E-learning is continuing our series on the Financial Planning Detail screen, and beginning to take a look at strategy!
- Financial Planning Detail Screen - Overview and Navigation
- Financial Planning Detail – Subtotal Pivot
- Add a Strategic Entity
And in case you didn't know, we've been busy creating localized versions of many of our free e-learning offerings:
- Übersicht - Menü Mein Planview (Overview My Planview Menu)
- Navigation in der Portfolioansicht für Aktivitäten (Navigate the Work Portfolio View)
- Übersicht - Datapicker (Overview - Data Picker)
- Aktivitäten - Verknüpfungen (Work - Relationships (11.2+)
- Aktivitäten - Einschränkungen (Work - Constraints (11.2+)
- Panorama general del menú Mi Planview (Overview My Planview Menu)
- Navegación en la Vista del portfolio de actividades (Navigate the Work Portfolio View)
- Panorama general del Seleccionador de datos (Overview - Data Picker)
- Actividades - Relaciones (Work - Relationships (11.2+)
- Actividades - Restricciones (Work - Constraints (11.2+)
- Le menu Mon Planview - Vue d'ensemble (Overview My Planview Menu)
- Naviguer dans l'affichage du portefeuille d'activités (Navigate the Work Portfolio View)
- Le sélecteur de données - Vue d'ensemble (Overview - Data Picker)
To start the month off with an e-learning bang, we've added the first of a series of modules on the Financial Planning Detail Screen, as well as some more general Administration modules.
- Financial Planning Detail Screen - Overview and Navigation
- Financial Planning Detail Screen - Add a Line
- Administration - Maintain Admin-defined Column Sets
- Administration - Tile Management
- Strategic Management - Create a Strategy Portfolio
We've moved the Planview Enterprise glossary link from just the Planview Enterprise product home page to its own icon in the header bar. It will appear anytime a user is on any page in the Planview Enterprise section of the site. This makes it easier to see the term definitions you need at any time. While we were at it, we also added an icon to link to this page (What's New ... ) so you can always stay up-to-date on all of the improvements to the Planview Customer Success Center.
We have revamped the Planview Enterprise training open enrollment calendar page to make it easier to find information on upcoming training courses. We have also included new detailed course descriptions that include prerequisites, costs, audience, and other important course details.
RPM Analytics v2.2.4 was released on September 12, 2016. The release includes bug fixes, enhancements to some reports and enhancements to the RPM Framework. Refer to the RPM Analytics v2.2.4 Release Notes for full details. It is recommended that customers install this version (compatible with Planview Enterprise 11.1 onwards), as soon as possible to ensure they have latest bug fixes and report enhancements.
We have updated the materials that explain the purpose, business rules, options and use cases centered around the Planview Enterprise Progressing Engine. All material is consolidated into a topic area called Understanding the Progressing Engine. There is information on why the Progressing Engine is a key part of the work planning, resource management, time reporting and project execution and tracking processes. Additional information is provided on the detailed business rules and options available to control the progressing logic and example use cases, based on specific business outcomes, are described. You can find this information in the Execution and Tracking area, alternatively just search using the hashtag: #progressingengine
We added a new FAQ with a question many people have asked: How big can the grid of data in Planview Enterprise be? (Answer: 100,000 cells)
The RPM Analytics area now includes a new section that presents a number of Configuration Case Studies, illustrating the power of the RPM Analytics to create new reports, that answer new questions, through configuration and the creation of Report Personas.
Customers have been asking for sample WBS templates they can reference when creating their own WBS templates. You spoke, we listened! We've loaded an initial set of Sample WBS Templates in MS/Excel format into our PMO Templates section in the Resource Center. We'll be adding additional templates periodically.
RPM Analytics v2.2.1 was released on August 19, 2016. The release includes bug fixes, enhancements to some reports and enhancements to the RPM Framework. Refer to the RPM Analytics v2.2.1 Release Notes for full details. It is recommended that customers install this version (compatible with Planview Enterprise 11.1 onwards), as soon as possible to ensure they have latest bug fixes and report enhancements.
We've released Planview Enterprise e-learning enablement paths for Planview Enterprise 12. We have updated the format to show durations and have less clicks
We have a new Project Execution FAQ that goes into detail about how Time Now and the critical path work
Our how-to collection has been updated to include content for Planview Enterprise 12
- The RPM Analytics v2.2 Release Notes have been updated with additional information about recommended deployment steps for the new version
- An additional topic has been created describing the options for Testing New Version RPM Analytics During an Upgrade
RPM Analytics v2.2 is now released. This version includes new and enhanced analytics and can be installed in Planview Enterprise 12 and in Planview Enterprise 11.1 onwards. Full details in the RPM Analytics v2.2 Release Notes. All RPM Analytics topics have been updated with information about the new reports, enhanced reports and reporting framework changes.
The answer is 12! With the release of Planview Enterprise 12, we have a wealth of new material in the success center related to the new release:
- First, check out the Planview Enterprise 12 Showcase for a rundown of the latest product features.
- The Planview Enterprise Release Notes contain a lot of detail about product changes and new functionality.
While tiles in Planview Enterprise are a powerful way to quickly gain insights and view reports, the number and types of tiles in your ribbon can impact the time to open and access the product. Our new best practice, Tile Performance Considerations, offers guidelines for performance-savvy tile use.
We've added a number of new e-learning videos:
- Version 12-specific releases -
Navigate Planview Enterprise 12 - FREE
Timesheet - Navigation and Overview - FREE
Enter Time - FREE
Use Payroll Codes - FREE
- General e-learning releases -
Administration - Create a Report Tile
Administration - Overview of Users and Resources
Administration - Add a Resource and Configure Attributes
Administration - Add and Maintain a User
Navigate Preferences for Resource Management and Assignments Screen
It's a Product Portfolio Management extravaganza this month as we introduce a variety of new best practices:
- We've added Planview's Innovation Management Maturity Model™ to our Product Portfolio Management best practices section. The model outlines a roadmap across the four lenses of Strategy, People, Process, and Tools to help take organizations from ad-hoc, sporadic innovation to a consistent, optimized model where innovation is ingrained into the product portfolio.
- Our new best practice article, Product Portfolio Management Breakthrough Insights from Benchmark Research, cultivates the most important breakthrough insights gleaned from years of Planview research and benchmark studies, creating a valuable summary for reference as you build and manage your product portfolio.
- Many organizations struggle with understanding how products, projects, and programs relate to one another. Our new best practice, Understanding the Relationship Between Products, Projects, and Programs, provides basic definitions and offers suggestions on how to view all three holistically and harmoniously.
- You've no doubt heard the benefits of Product Portfolio Management: faster time-to market, more agility; better capacity to innovate, and more. But how do you implement the process safely and effectively? Find out with our new best practice, 10 Tips for Implementing Product Portfolio Management.
- Our new best practice, The Value of PPM Software for Product Development Organizations offers analysis, industry findings, and customer ROI examples that demonstrate improved time-to-market, higher value portfolios, increased revenue, and reduced costs.
Cultural adoption is an often overlooked, but crucial part of any software implementation, and particularly enterprise software. Our new best practice, Cultural Adoption Fundamentals, offers ten fundamental tips for cultural adoption, based on years of research in organizational development and software implementation.
In Planview Enterprise, Work Types can be used to distinguish different categories of requests, and can determine how the work should be managed and which WBS template and lifecycle workflow to use. Our new best practice, Work Type Recommendations, offers evaluation criteria for 5 common work types, in terms of suggested thresholds, processes, controls, and more.
We have upgraded to a new Learning Management Systems (LMS) for playing our e-learning videos. You'll notice that it is faster and easier to use. You will see it when playing any of our e-learning courses.
We've created version specific e-learning enablement paths for Planview Enterprise versions 11.0, 11.1, 11.2, 11.3, 11.4, and 11.5
We've heavily refined our best practices in the Project and Work Management area, and added some new ones as well. A few worth noting are:
- Using Requested Start and Finish Dates in Planview Enterprise
- Tracking Actuals and Forecast Financial Data via the Financial Plan
- Request Management
- Improving Project Communications
- Define Standards for Initial Project Estimates
- Addressing Management Concerns about Agile
A new downloadable PMO document template has been added to our PMO Document Templates repository: Project Management Plan Template.
In the how-to collection of articles on Ad-hoc Analysis (formerly Insight Analytics), we've added information for report writers on using Planview OLAP cube data in Microsoft Excel pivot tables to create custom reports.
We've added a valuable e-book from Tech-Clarity to our White Papers section, An Action Plan to Improve Your Product Portfolio. This informative guide offers insights to help you get started on the path to improving your product portfolios, including identifying the need, preparing for the journey, and what to look for in a solution and vendor partner.
A new collection of articles called How to Schedule Work, Assign Resources, and Track Project Progress gives insight into how the different options for tracking progress in Planview Enterprise cause project schedules to change after the progressing engine runs each week.
We've also heavily revised and added new best practices in the Investment and Capacity Planning and the Resource Management sections. Select highlights of revisions and additions are:
- Understanding the Annual Planning Process
- Calculation Details for Financial Metrics (NPV, ROI, IRR)
- Analyzing, Balancing, and Approving Investments
- Recommended Resource Planning and Assignment Horizons
- Moving from Authorizations to Allocations
- Implementation Issues with Resource and Project Management
- And more!
We also revised the Report Status best practice to include handy links to the most vital analytics for project status reporting.
We are creating new QuickStart guides that present a curated collection of information on our information categories across all our content types - the collection is growing daily.
We've added two exciting new best practices to help with aligning strategy and execution through agile governance models: Lean Governance and Program Management: Ensuring Value through Ongoing Strategic Planning and Establishing Governance and Planning Boards and Committees.
We've added a new best practice on Tracking Non-Project Work via Standard Activities and Annual Project Buckets, which offers guidance for the best ways to track non-project work (such as base operations, small efforts, unplanned work, and time off).
We have a new how-to article comparing the differences between two ways to fill resource requirements, depending on your role: Fill Resource Requirements: Two Options.
There is a new FAQ article on Planning portfolios, which covers some nuances of how they work.
How-to articles have all been tagged to make it easier to find what you are looking for.
We have added content for several new features that have been released in the past three months, including:
A new video Create and Manage Teams is available to show account administrators and team administrators how to manage teams.
The support center has now been integrated into the Customer success center, including Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and the possibility to chat with a support representative or send in a support ticket. The support center is available in six different languages.
A new video Work with Conversations helps you get started with effective online team communication that can reduce e-mailing.
The learning paths found on the Get started page, now have an improved design that makes it easier for users to navigate them.
A number of learning paths has been added to the Get started page, that enables users to find their path to learning Projectplace. A learning path is a selection of customer success center pages and videos, that the user can step through and gain an understanding of Projectplace concepts and learn how to use the different Projectplace tools.
The new video Work with Boards gives a quick overview of how to get started working with cards on boards.
A brand new video has been released that gives all tips and tricks to work efficiently in the Plan tool. Check out Work with the Plan.
We have updated all the product help pages for version 14.
We overhauled the Datamart Generator guide to be more user-friendly.
We added an article about Using Custom Datasets with Microsoft Power BI
We've released a new Data Management video series!
Training Center Updates
- Our premium e-learning courses E101-E109 have all been updated to Troux 13! If you haven't experienced our online courses, registration is free for E101 Troux Fundamentals Overview.
- We've added a new video to the Microsoft Power BI Integration series, Custom Datasets in Power BI! The video series has also been updated to Troux 13 throughout.
- We now have a brand new Training Catalog! This is the one place to get an informative overview of all our classroom and virtual training offerings. Browse the Open Enrollment options and register for a class today!
New and Improved Documentation
- Go to the Troux Portfolios guide to get help for all portfolios in the Troux Portfolios solution in one place! We have combined the separate help sections into one convenient guide.
- We improved some of our most-used guides with helpful Getting Started links and overview videos, including the Using Navigate and Troux Portfolios guides.
- Visit the Product Releases area for the latest release notes for Troux 12 Update 6, and Troux 13 Update 1, 2, and 3.
Troux 13 is here! Pages throughout the Customer Success Center have been updated for Troux 13 features, including updates throughout to reflect the new look-and-feel of Troux applications, documentation on searching Portfolios, using the new table view in the Application Portfolio, security changes, Insight customization updates, and more. Check out the What's New? page and the Troux 13 Release Notes for a detailed breakdown of new features and changes, with links to the relevant help articles and videos.
You can also see what is new in all our products at the updated Planview Products Central.
In addition to the new Troux 13 content we have added the following content:
- Released a new learning path for the Planview Enterprise and Troux Integration with videos, best practices, and interactive e-learning.
- Refreshed the Using Navigate help pages with additional overview topics and clearer organization.
- Updated the following free videos:
- Created release notes and documentation for the following new releases:
We changed the default search behavior to search within a product area by default. For example if you are already somewhere within the Troux area of the site and search for something, it will now search only within Troux. You can still expand your search to include all of Planview's product lines by clicking the "All results" link beneath the search box. This change should reduce a click for most users, and applies to all product lines.
Troux 12 Update 1, Update 2, and Update 3 have been released, with a number of bug fixes as well as support for WAFFLE Authentication, Header-Based Authentication, and CORS. Review the release notes for more details.
Visit the Free Videos section of our E-learning page for a fresh batch of e-learning, including:
- APM Series. Learn how Troux enables the practice of Application Portfolio Management with this series of videos and interactive modules.
- Troux Insight Roles. The videos in this series provide users with an overview of the permissions for each of the four Troux Insight roles - Analyst, Restricted Analyst, Power Steward, and Restricted Steward.
- Troux Power BI Integration. Explore the capabilities of the Troux integration with Microsoft's Power BI™.
- Exporting and Importing Data. This series details the process of exporting data to an Excel spreadsheet, editing data in Excel, and importing updated data into the TrouxSource Repository.
The answer is 12! With the release of Troux 12, we have a wealth of new material in the success center related to the new release:
- First, check out the Troux 12 Showcase for a rundown of the latest product features.
- The Troux 12 Release Notes contain a lot of detail about product changes and new functionality. Some highlights include:
We have updated and expanded our E-learning Catalog with a Free Videos page and easy-to-follow learning paths:
We have added a FAQ for using PowerBI with Troux
The February 2016 Troux Customer roadmap webcast has been posted which shows great detail about upcoming product enhancements and cross product integrations.