This article describes how to compare actual data with forecast data on the Financial Planning Detail screen.
Sign in to access this How-to topic.
Forecast and actual data can be viewed at the same time on the Financial Planning Detail screen. The Financial Plan Preferences settings control the display, as well as the display of totals columns.
- Search for the relevant project > > Financial Planning Detail.
- Click the Preferences button to display the Financial Plan Preferences screen (Figure 1).
- In the Show Totals section, check the boxes to view totals in Quarters or Years, or to show Actuals/Forecast.
- Click Save.
- Refer to Figure 2 for an overview of how these settings work:
- (1) The Actual and Forecast columns are enabled from the Financial Plan Preferences.
- (2) The Actual columns summarize financial data from the start of the period range to before the Forecast Period.
- (3) The Forecast columns summarize financial data from the Forecast Period to the end of the period range.
- (4) Both the Actual and Forecast columns will be displayed for the quarter and year periods of the Forecast Period.
- (5) With the same forecast period and data, when actuals and forecast are displayed, we see these columns for each of the grouped periods. For the year 2016, there are 5K of actual expenses, compared to the 2K in Q3. Likewise, the total of Forecasted expenses for 2016 is 3.75K compared to 2.5 of Q3.
- (6) With the horizon of 2016 to 2017, the total actual expenses remain the same at 5K, but the total forecast expenses will include 2017, and it is 8.75K.