Use the Financial Planning Detail Version Menu
- Enter Project Financial Plan
- Understand Financial Models and Versions
- Understand the Organization of the Financial Planning Detail Screen
- Understand the Category and Focus Controls
- Use the Category and Focus Controls to Analyze Financial Data
- Use the Subtotal View to Analyze Financial Data
- Load Labor Effort
- Override Role-Based Labor Rates
- Manually Enter Financial Data
- Compare Two Financial Versions
- Compare Financial Version with Work Financial Plan
- Use the Financial Planning Detail Version Menu
- View Actual vs. Forecast Data and Totals on Financial Planning Detail
- Export Financial Data
- Job Aid: Project Financial Planning Detail
This article provides an overview of the the Financial Planning Detail Version menu and how to use it.
Sign in to access this How-to topic.
Financial versions may be used to compare financial plans for a project at different points in time. For example, the Annual Planning version captures the initial estimates, and when the project is approved the Baseline version captures the approved financial plan. The Actual/Forecast version, then, contains the most current project financial plan. These versions can be compared to determine variance from the project financial plan at any time.
It is import to keep in mind that importing data is the same as manually entering data. If the account line is designed to be loaded, the load action can overwrite data that is entered/loaded manually.
The options for managing the financial version are available in the financial version menu (Figure 1). You can select the version you want to view or compare to (1); download, modify and import financial data from an Excel worksheet (2); or perform various actions to manage the financial plan (3).
- Search for the relevant project > > Financial Planning Detail (Figure 1)
- Select Version to expand the section. Hovering over the Version Menu will display the financial model name, planning horizon, your preferred currency for display, and the financial version name.
- The version menu provides various controls on the display of information (1).
- The Working Version represents the version that you are currently viewing. You can view financial data across multiple entity types, which means that you can view project financial data on the strategic financial plan, if the financial model is set up to accept multiple entity types.
- The Variance toggle turns on/off the comparison mode on the Financial Planning Detail and Portfolio View tiles.
- The Comparison Version is the version used when the Variance toggle is enabled. The version selected here will be displayed to the right of the Working Version when the variance view is enabled.
- From the Excel button, users can also download the financial plan data, modify it in Excel and reimport it back onto the financial planning detail (2).
- The Manage Plan button on this menu provides users with additional options (3).
- Copy Plan is used to copy the data between versions or projects that you have the permission to edit.
- Refresh Labor Cost allows you to refresh changes to labor rate for named resources, so that the next load will use the updated labor rates.
- Shift Financial Plan provides you with the ability to quickly move the financial data range to a different period range. This does not change the underlying project plan. It is simply a manual action on the financial plan and depending on the configuration, it may be overwritten in the subsequent work financial data load.
- Lock Plan is used to prevent the current financial plan for the current project from editing or loading. All the cells will be displayed in gray, and the Load button will be disabled. A locked financial plan can only be unlocked by the Administrator.
- View Last Updated is an audit feature that displays the user and date when the last updates were made.
- View Associated Financial Plans provides you with the visibility of financial plans of other entities that have been associated to the work. In this case, if this project is associated to a program, you can view the program’s financial data.