Overview: Schedule and Assignments View
- Work Management Overview
- What Is Portfolio and Resource Management?
- Access the Work and Assignments Screen
- Access the Work and Resource Management Screen
- Overview: Schedule View
- Overview: Schedule and Assignments View
- Overview: Backlog View
- Overview: Schedule and Backlog View
- Overview: Resources and Assignments View
- Overview: Task Information Tray
- Use Splitter Bars
- Set Work Screen Display Preferences
- Overview: Work Management Filters
- Overview: Portfolio View
- Overview: Entity View
- Job Aid: Project/Work Portfolio View
This article provides an overview of the Schedule and Assignments view.
Sign in to access this How-to topic.
Work and Assignments—Schedule and Assignments View
The Schedule and Assignments view in Work and Assignments lets you view both the work schedule and the resource assignments for a project (Figure 1). You can perform similar tasks from here, but it is easier to see which lines on the work breakdown structure have resource assignments and what type of assignment is currently used. For definitions of the assignment types, see Resource Assignment Types Overview.
- Allocation: This icon next to a resource name means that the resource is allocated to the task above. This icon means an allocation is requested.
- Authorization: This icon next to a resource name means that the resource is authorized to the task above.
- Reserve: This icon next to a resource name means that the resource is reserved to the task above. This icon means a reserve is requested.
- Requirement: To view requirements for a task, select > Task Information, then select the Require tab. This icon next to an organizational resource name represents a requirement.
- Utilization grid or bars: Graphically display utilization information on the resource based on preference settings. Use the editable grid to create effort profiles. You can view summarized information by hovering over a utilization bar or cell in the grid.
Select for any line with a resource allocation icon to edit the allocation, substitute resources, or view more details.
Select for any line on the work breakdown structure to see more on the resource assignments as well as other project information (Figure 1). By default, the task information opens in a new window. Select to toggle between this option and displaying task information in a lower tray, beneath the work breakdown structure. Select the at upper right to close the window.
The Req Name and Req ID columns are useful for filtering the display by requirement.