- Requests can be used to manage the initiation of new projects, outcomes, or other entities. This course shows how to create, update, dispatch, and generate items from requests and falls under the Requests capability. Use the "Get Started" topic to get up and running fast.
- Work Management Overview
- This course explains the work management screen organization and what you can do with the Work Portfolio View, Work and Resource Management, and Work View screens. These are all necessary tools for managing your project work. This course falls under the Project Information capability
- Project Information
- This course explains how to capture, organize, and maintain a project’s information. Projects can be created manually, or be generated from a strategic program. It is important to accurately and completely gather and store all information for project work before the project starts out, as well as to update information that is new or changed. This course covers the Project Information capability.
- Planning and Scheduling
- This course goes over all aspects of building out the project plan. The project plan, or work breakdown structure, consists of the tasks, milestones, dates/durations, relationships, constraints, costs, and resource demand for a project. This course goes over all aspects of building the project plan. It is a part of the Planning and Scheduling capability. Use the Getting Started topics to learn from our training material, and the Mastering topic for more detailed product help content.
- Project Financial Planning
- The topics in this course will enable you manage the various sets (versions) of financial information associated with projects in in your work portfolios. Financial Planning in Planview Enterprise can also be used to manage and track high level (organization/role) based resource effort. Use the Getting Started topic to learn from our training material, and the Mastering topic for more detailed product help content. This course falls under the Financial Planning capability.
- Execution and Tracking
- This course goes over the functionality that allows you to manage the project through its execution, including the management of the schedule, resource demand and resource assignments, financials, and to report on the overall status and health of the project. Use the Getting Started topic to learn from our training material, and the Mastering topic for more detailed product help content. This course falls under the Execution and Tracking capability.
- This course covers how to close a project after ensuring that project objectives have been met. In this course, you will learn how to use Planview Enterprise to ensure that project objectives have been met before the project is closed, to prevent accumulation of additional time and costs. Use the Getting Started topic to learn from our training material, and the Mastering topic for more detailed product help content. This course is part of the Project Closure capability.
- Additional Topics
- This course covers collaboration of documents; Changes, Risks, and Issues; and Support Tickets. In this course, you can learn about some optional components of Planview Enterprise. Collaboration explains how to manage documents (the Team Collaboration capability); the Changes, Risks, and Issues topic goes over CRI management (the Changes, Risks, and Issues capabilities); and Support Tickets are the focus of the final topic (the Other Planned Work capability).