- Introduction to Planview Enterprise Administration
- Introduction to the functions of the administrator.
- User and Resource Configuration
- User administration includes setting up user IDs, associating the IDs with a specific resource, defining user roles and lifecycle roles, assigning features to roles, and providing grants. User IDs are associated with user roles. Each role has a set of permissions that determine what functionality is available to a user.
- Calendar Administration
- Planview Enterprise uses the following calendars: absolute, standard, and alternate. An administrator sets up these calendars during installation to conform to the organization's standards, then after installation an administrator may need to create other calendars, such as a Time & Billing calendar. The Planview Enterprise system provides the absolute and standard calendars.
- Field Administration
- Customizable fields are data elements defined by your organization to collect information about one of the primary entities. A customizable field is either a custom field you create or a standard Planview Enterprise field that you may modify to some degree.
- Job Stream and Progressing Administration
- An administrator can use the Job Stream Management screen to create, monitor, and manage lists of jobs that an administrator configures to run in a specific order and at a specific point in time. As each job within the job stream is completed, the next job in the queue is run.
- Lifecycle Administration
- Lifecycle administration ranges from the lifecycle administrator role that can create and manage teams as well as delegate steps, to the administration of lifecycle models and other lifecycle functionality.
- Menu, Ribbon, and Tile Administration
- As an administrator, you can control the appearance and layout of the menu bar, enable or disable the options in action menus throughout the system, configure which tabs appear on various views, and which configured screens are available as a tab on each entity view. You can also configure which tiles are available on ribbons.
- Structure Administration
- Learn how to change or add to the selection available from drop-down menus. Alternate structures are configured by the Planview consulting team, but as time goes on, you may need to change or add to them. Alternate structures are lists of options displayed in a drop-down menu format, usually displayed in a customized screen.
- Screen and Column Set Administration
- A configured screen is a customized HTML page designed by an administrator to obtain or display information tailored according to your organization's specific needs. Similarly, an administrator can create a custom column set to be used by some or all of your organization.
- Scripted Dialog Administration
- Scripted dialogs provide the Process Architect with the ability to create dynamic processes based on gathered information, and automate steps that do not require direct user input. Scripted dialogs can be created for selecting or generating Work Breakdown template, setting attributes, selecting lifecycles, and controlling conditional lifecycle steps or sequences.
- Investment and Capacity Planning Administration
- Before users can perform investment and capacity planning, certain tasks must be performed, such as: strategic Planning must be set up, investment and capacity planning must be enabled, the financial planning modules must be set up, versions must be set up, financial planning accounts must be configured, and so on.
- Strategic Program and Financial Administration
- Setting up strategic management entails setting up the strategic program, creating or modifying datasets, etc. You should understand concepts relevant to the following: types of planning that support the enterprise planning process in strategic management, capacity and demand, scheduling dates of a strategic plan, and strategic lifecycles.
- Analytics and Reporting Administration
- Administration of the Analytics and Reporting functions requires report management, report subscription management, and making sure that the data sources are in place and working according to corporate needs.